M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here is the story i am currently an engineering student in college. Ive been thinking of what field i would like to work in. I saw an m90 bike frame on ebay and i purchased it. I think ive learned alot in my time in school, so for a personal project i think im going to build my own 90. AM I CRAZY? ive checked all the laws for ohio and titiling the frame. It's actually easier than i thought. Does anyone have any words of advice?:sound::tools:

G

·
I have an old Suzuki GS1100G frame that I plan on putting a Mazda rotary engine into. Imagination and creativity is what custom bike building is all about. This stuff of putting together parts off the shelf with a little custom tin thrown on it, like OCC is NOT true custom bike building. Taking parts that were never meant to be together and making it work well is true creativity. Go for it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have an old Suzuki GS1100G frame that I plan on putting a Mazda rotary engine into. Imagination and creativity is what custom bike building is all about. This stuff of putting together parts off the shelf with a little custom tin thrown on it, like OCC is NOT true custom bike building. Taking parts that were never meant to be together and making it work well is true creativity. Go for it.
3 rotor it...20b or b20:dontknow: cant remeber...JDM
that would b nutz

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
How about a 109 motor in a busa frame? Maybe a Suzuki Sportster.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm busa motor didn't think of that. think that's going in the idea hat. I pick everything up tomorrow and i begin this project. wish me luck

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
:agree:

I laugh every time I see "custom" or "semi-custom" in a title of the for sale board. Just because I shaved the beaver (just like 99% of us) does not make it a "custom" or even a "semi-custom" !! Changing the rear fender, swing arm, pipes or whatever else bolt on piece you got still does not do it.
My HD soft tail I sold before I got my 9 was not even a custom, and I changed everything but the frame and engine. Most everything was not supposed to be on the bike, or was made for some other bike, and I had to modify it to fit.
Custom is not modding. Custom is not done with bolt on item.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Keep in the Metric Cruiser Family...M109R Engine

Have you considered trying trying an M109R engine with the M90 frame? The looks of both bikes are very similar, with the M90 being a bit smaller. Would an M109R engine fit in that M90 Frame? If so, you would have a very fast and powerful M90.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts