M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems every time I go for a ride, I find new scratches and marks on the bike, this bike is really an object of beauty and it upsets me.
I realise that I cant help this, however I have had many bikes (Not cruisers), and I never had this problem.
It seems that the paint on this bike is extremely soft ???, it bugs me, especially also on the plastic painted chrome parts.
Is it only me, or has anybody else experienced the same?
Maybe the black colour doesnt help much. :mad: :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have had several issues as well with the paint. It should have either more clear coat on it or better paint. I have 3 spots already on my bike with a little over 1k miles on it so far. Still working on a custom paint job for the Winter and then lots of clear coat over top for protection.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I ride mine daily and expected a little wear and tear but it's ridiculous ::) The clear coat on mine looks like I drove it through a barbed-wire gauntlet :verymad: If I do nothing else to it this winter, I WILL have a new paint job when I take it out for the first ride next Spring :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
The same here. Two coats of carnouba and like new.... To the show room!

Because of the supersonic speeds of the Fast Black you may encounter some scratches do to contact with space trash and stuff.... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Wax and ye shall receive....less scratches.

Get yourself a good carnuba wax. It'll bring out the shine and provide a thin layer of protection between your paint job & the elements. A grain of sand thrown up by another vehicle at 60 mph...over time will strip a painted object down to bare metal.

Let it wear out the wax first....then reapply every couple of weeks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Maybe because my face is craggy from age I do not mind the wear marks on the black paint. I like to think of it as "character" for the best color bike.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah, I hear that the paint peals on the black because it is the fastest and the paint can't keep up with the bike. :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
this may be the only drawback to a black one...chips..etc...show up easily..
to me, it's worth it, 'cause black is soo fast   :D

i'd say it's due to road debris, from all the slower one's you've passed.. :joke:

tc

·
Registered
277 Posts
I guess I'll live with the problems associated with the black paint as long as they come along with having the fastest color.

LOL!!!!  :bigthumbsup:  :bigthumbsup:  :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well, I don't know if I'm the exception, but I took delivery of my 109 on June 6 and have 2400+ miles on it now, and have not had one problem with any scratches or blemishes  :bigthumbsup:  I do keep put a fresh coat of wax on it though, usually about every other week  :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think I'm jus too lazy to keep it waxed properly Investor.  I'll just have to get better at it!!  :doorag:

Ride safe Bro.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Silver seems to be holding up pretty good here with a weekly waxing with ICE. Still I am anticipating new paint this winter too, possibly all blacked out.. :p

·
Registered
343 Posts
109ster said:
Silver seems to be holding up pretty good here with a weekly waxing with ICE. Still I am anticipating new paint this winter too, possibly all blacked out.. :p
Isn't silver basically the same color as pimer?????? :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
OYChoppa said:
Isn't silver basically the same color as pimer?????? :D
Nope...actually Black bikes turn silver when they're finally ridden fast enough...the peeling paint is just a Black bike metamorphosing :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

SILVER'S Faster

Devilish

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
DevilishEyes109 said:
Nope...actually Black bikes turn silver when they're finally ridden fast enough...the peeling paint is just a Black bike metamorphosing :bigthumbsup:Â :doorag:Â :super:

SILVER'S Faster

Devilish
Finally all is revealed..I knew that!..I just couldn't put my finger on it! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts