M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who was it that had some of these posted for sale yesterday? The ad is gone? Its for the area by the key and just covers it up? Or who has a set?

I have access to the machines and materials, I really just wanted to know if someone would trace them out and send it to me so I can just make my own??

Thanks for any help!
Dave

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Like these... Yellow109 Has them I think.

He just seems REALLY busy as I am most times and we have a hard time getting together lol

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Hello, I put them on my bike and got them from Cycle House part #CYC-M109630 and cost $59.95. They are Polished stainless steel. Just make sure when you mount them to make sure they are clear of any contact with the motor or frame of bike or you might get some rattle or ringing sound from the contact. I like them and it adds to the look of the M109.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hello, I put them on my bike and got them from Cycle House part #CYC-M109630 and cost $59.95. They are Polished stainless steel. Just make sure when you mount them to make sure they are clear of any contact with the motor or frame of bike or you might get some rattle or ringing sound from the contact. I like them and it adds to the look of the M109.
Does it prevents the heat from the engine getting onto the tights? I once posted a thread about the engine heat in a Taiwanese M109R forum and was recommended this to lessen the heat from coming up to the tights.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Does it prevents the heat from the engine getting onto the tights? I once posted a thread about the engine heat in a Taiwanese M109R forum and was recommended this to lessen the heat from coming up to the tights.
Tights? You wear tights when you ride?:eek:
That one opened you up to some of these.:duck:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The plates are cut precise to fit in the gaps behind the cylinder head on both sides. I would say they probably deflect some heat away from the seat area if that's what your refering to as tights. Mainly they are for cosmetic reasons and a little of the bling factor. I like them and would suggest others to get them, just pay attention to making sure they do not contact any of the motor or frame because you will get the buzzing or rattle sound occuring in a certain RPM range from engine vibration.8)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think he meant Thighs lol

Took me a few reads to get it.

SO......anyone wanna trace them out for me? lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts