M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well checking the coolant the other day after a long ride I didn't even see it below the low line. Not sure why it dropped down unless the system sucked it up on the long hot 300mi. (no leaks anywhere) But anyway, pull out the manual to review the add procedure. Omg remove the tank to add coolant? No way, off to hardware hank. Bought a primer bulb and a piece of plastic hose that I cut in half. Reached in behind the cover and popped the cap off snaked the hose in and pumped away to the full line. The trickiest part is getting the cap back on. But once you get it lined up vertically you got it.

Blur, MN

·
Registered
168 Posts
:eek: Blur you can do that? hmmm I might have to grind my fingers thinner :D . Some one else drilled a hole and put a chrome plumbing cap in it right above the filler cap I think. I took my tank and plastics off ....bit of a pain in the ass the first time you do it but a lot of machines are till you've done it a few times.
Dave

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I admit I have long skinny fingers, but if you can reach in and grasp the cap top, you should be able to get it off and back on. The cap is not a lid btw its a plug a little over an inch long so you have to work it out a little. Also make sure you don't get too big of a hose or it wont fit in I think I had 3/8 OD and it was tight.

Blur

·
Registered
101 Posts
Blur; Your method worked easy I was done in 5 min. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:Wish I had done a search before I tried to remove the tank and add coolant. To make a lonk story short I have a few scratches on the tank now :verymad:. I quickly bolted the tank down and did a search and foud this thread. I bought a boat fuel bulb from academy in H town 8.00 not bad for a tool i'll depend on. Now off to do a search to find what I can use for the surface scratches.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Blur. Worked like a charm. Thought it would be hard to remove/replace cap, but wasn't as bad as I thought. Thanks again. This site is GREAT!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts