M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings 9'ers,

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that would know the best type of headlight setup that work best for the 9. I have seen a few 9's on the site with a different head light. I was wondering if there is anyone that would have some pics an alternative headlight for the 9.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again, stay safe and ALWAYS ENJOY THE RIDE!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Alternative as in pulling off the nacelle, or alternative as in changing the bulb out (HID)? :dontknow:

·
Registered
960 Posts
There is the R2 version (that most people don't seem to like). I have seen a few where people cobble a harley chrome bucket type headlight in place of the nacelle. However, I think it looks like crap. In my eyes, the 9 is the 9 and when you start removing body work you ar ejust turning it into another HD. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
The light from the Victory Vegas Jackpot was the best I found. The size and shape seem to fit in well.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
There is the R2 version (that most people don't seem to like). I have seen a few where people cobble a harley chrome bucket type headlight in place of the nacelle. However, I think it looks like crap. In my eyes, the 9 is the 9 and when you start removing body work you ar ejust turning it into another HD. Just my opinion.
You say "cobble", I say custom fit.

I am sorry you think my bike looks like crap. Actually, no I am not sorry. It is mine and I like it.

Believe it or not, there are those of us that find the stock bucket loathsome.

I would also beg to differ about my bike having turned into just another HD.

Not saying you can not have your opinion, but the OP asked for pictures of alternatives. I do not believe you contributed anything responsive to that request.

JMHO

·
Registered
319 Posts
The light from the Victory Vegas Jackpot was the best I found. The size and shape seem to fit in well.

I just noticed for the first time how you mounted the tach to help the headlight blend in:bigthumbsup: I like it. I agree with the above poster that I don't like the look of most HD style headlights but I really like the look of yours. Oh and to the OP sorry about the thread jack.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I don't know what you guys are talking about...was there even a bike in those pics?!?!?!:bigthumbsup:
Sorry. Those are just the best pictures of the bike that I have.:dontknow:

I just noticed for the first time how you mounted the tach to help the headlight blend in:bigthumbsup: I like it. I agree with the above poster that I don't like the look of most HD style headlights but I really like the look of yours. Oh and to the OP sorry about the thread jack.
Adding the tach back in happened right before that photo shoot. It just felt like the front end needed something and the tach seemed to do the trick.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hey SR, do you know who the creepy guy in the white truck is? He asked your model if she wanted a piece of candy.............I am glad that she respectfully declined and kept walking. :joke:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Hey SR, do you know who the creepy guy in the white truck is? He asked your model if she wanted a piece of candy.............I am glad that she respectfully declined and kept walking. :joke:
You know you are getting old when college girls look like children. ;)

I have covered many times now that she is 20.

Trust me. I must be getting old because I carded her.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
You know you are getting old when college girls look like children. ;)

I have covered many times now that she is 20.

Trust me. I must be getting old because I carded her.
I, by no means tried to say she was to young. I was just trying to find out who the guy in the white truck was. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I, by no means tried to say she was to young. I was just trying to find out who the guy in the white truck was. :dontknow:
OK, I'll bite:

The truck was parked there when we got there, along with 20 or so other cars and trucks that I was able to keep out of the shots.

·
Registered
960 Posts

I am sorry you think my bike looks like crap. Actually, no I am not sorry. It is mine and I like it.

Not saying you can not have your opinion, but the OP asked for pictures of alternatives. I do not believe you contributed anything responsive to that request.

JMHO
Sensitive are we? OK, let's reread.

I said that I have seen HD bucket headlights on 9s that I think look like crap. I think they look thrown on because the shape does not match well with the 9. In contrast I REALLY like yours and it is the first time I have even noticed it. It matches the lines on the bike extremely well.

Secondly, I ALSO said that it was my opinion. Am I allowed to have an opinion? I'll answer for you; YES. Lastly, the original posts asked for what else can be done for the headlight. I told hiim what I have seen and added my opinion. OK?

SR, have you ever noticed that you go after people often for stating their OPINION? How about the time I dared to mention that I did not find the girls in the pics on your bike attractive? You screamed and cried about that one too. Hell, even JD cannot make a simple joke with the clown face. Simmer down. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times.

·
Registered
927 Posts

JMHO
:agree: Rounder you have one of the sweetest rides on this site without a doubt IMO...I still think the 109 is one of the sweetest rides out there..hell I hear that almost every day from folks that stop to look at it...But I always had issue with the headlight...guess I like the more classic head light look...I have a R2 but in time I would love to go with the set up you have on yours...perfect fit IMO. I to have been curious about any different headlights folks have put on the 109. I came down to picking the R2 or a white blue LE...the R2 headlight won... :D. Oh yeah...nice pics...wish my wife would let me get some like that taken :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have never seen a bike smile so much :)
Except maybe the Hooters bike, that too is a happy bike.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Sensitive are we? OK, let's reread.
Ok. Let's do that:

I said that I have seen HD bucket headlights on 9s that I think look like crap. I think they look thrown on because the shape does not match well with the 9. In contrast I REALLY like yours and it is the first time I have even noticed it. It matches the lines on the bike extremely well.
No, you actually said :
I have seen a few where people cobble a harley chrome bucket type headlight in place of the nacelle.
Well, mine is a 'harley chrome bucket type headlight', and cobble is basically saying rigged, which is also to say poorly or sloppily done. So, maybe the direct insult has me starting from a negative lean. Like the result or not, I think most who would inspect it would hardly call my mounting job cobbled.

Secondly, I ALSO said that it was my opinion. Am I allowed to have an opinion? I'll answer for you; YES. Lastly, the original posts asked for what else can be done for the headlight. I told hiim what I have seen and added my opinion. OK?
Of course you are welcome to your opinion and stated in the right place, I welcome it. Plenty of people did not and do not like my headlight. I am fine with that and actually like it more because of that. My issue is that we have an OP that asked 2 specific questions: What alternatives work best and do you have pictures. You neither answered his question or provided any pictures of the cobbled HD type ones you had seen. Your post was just typical of the kind of naysayer commentary that discourages going in any direction but what everyone else is doing.

SR, have you ever noticed that you go after people often for stating their OPINION? How about the time I dared to mention that I did not find the girls in the pics on your bike attractive? You screamed and cried about that one too.
Actually you said:
Your bike looks SICK! Slammed and mean! Girls?:dontknow: I'm 43 and married. I wanna see the bike!
and
Nah! :D I sowed my wild oats back in my college days and that girl just makes me feel like I need a shot of Penicillin...:joke:
Not finding them attractive is fine and a matter of welcome opinion. The penicillin comment is not an opinion, but an insult implying that she is diseased in some way. Said in the wrong time and place, that comment could actually be actionable as slander.

Further, when windcityrider posted
bike looks great. however, the blonde is questionable. regardless of her personality, she is far from hot.
My reply was far from screaming or crying:
Be nice.:doorag: She is a cute kid. Not the typical bike babe, but she may grow into it. Let's say - 'girl-next-door on bike'
Hell, even JD cannot make a simple joke with the clown face. Simmer down. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times.
Did you miss that I got the joke and was playing along with the ";)"

So, how about the next time you wan to call me out, you do your homework.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Ok. Let's do that:

Of course you are welcome to your opinion and stated in the right place, I welcome it.

Actually you said: and

Not finding them attractive is fine and a matter of welcome opinion. The penicillin comment is not an opinion, but an insult implying that she is diseased in some way. Said in the wrong time and place, that comment could actually be actionable as slander.

So, how about the next time you wan to call me out, you do your homework.
1. Sooooo opinions are OK if YOU say they are OK? Got it.

2. You see the joker face next to the pennicillan comment. That means its a joke. You missed that, just like in JD's comment.

3. For months I have marveled at your quick to anger responses to jokes, opinions, and simple statements. I am tired of internet tough guys and have no time to address your damaged self-esteem.

On the ignore list you go and take your skanky pics with you.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
1 - 20 of 54 Posts