M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading so many posts on this site I did it. I sold the TL 1000R and put my money down on the M109r. I am hoping that this is a right choice. I bought the fastest color (silver). I am just going to get my financing for the last bit. Hope to have it before the weekend.... Any tips once I get it off the show room floor?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Congrates :bigthumbsup:
Just make sure you read what the manuel says about the break in period and follow that.......but above all els...........have FUN my friend......Have FUN :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
:bigthumbsup: yeah ride it till you cant feel your a$$, then fill it up and do it again, I promise you wont be disappointed..... :doorag: But check your oil after riding for a few minutes, check your tire air pressure, and hang on....... :joke:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ruben said:
Congrates :bigthumbsup:
 Just make sure you read what the manuel says about the break in period and follow that.......but above all els...........have FUN my friend......Have FUN :D
In my opinion if you follow the manuals outdated break in procedures you will be throwing 10 hp or so out through your improperly seeded rings.

I have followed Rob Muzzy's procedure on my last three bikes. They were all very strong and had a total of 160,000 miles on them with zero engine issues.

Here are 2 very interesting links.

http://www.brocksperformance.com/tech_breakin.htm

http://www.dezmo.com/breakin.html

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Waiting

Just waiting for that call today.. Gave the finance person the docs they needed to give me the rest of the money and she was like I don't know if we can do this before monday... ARRRRGGGGGGG great weekend to have the bike and break it in.. I should hear from her today about if she can do it today or not... This is driving me nuts..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is ON!!!!

I called her!!!!! And she said come get your check!!!!! I am going to ride my a$$ off!!!! Since the rest of this long weekend looks crappy!!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Make the dealer show you the correct way to check the oil. Follow the procedure in the manual before you leave the lot. It would be a pity to have oil ruin the new paint job.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Congrats Bro! :bigthumbsup: You are about to have the experience of your life but be safe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love the bike... Best choice I could have made. I am thinking of getting a new seat on it. Any opinions? And Suzuki came out with a couple covers that say M109 billet engine cover.. But, I went on that poker run with 500 bikes it was cool. But, I missed a poker run with 8,200 like a few weeks ago in Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
the suzuki gel seat is awsome. the fullcut version adds a coupla inches in the leg department for tall guys. looks good and priced right. :bigthumbsup: :super: :doorag:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts