M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am not breaking down and going 'all gear all the time', but I think I have heard enough and it is time to take finding a real helmet seriously.

So, I went helmet shopping this weekend and I think that I like the

http://www.extremesupply.com/nolanhelmets/n43trilogyncom.htm#solids

NOLAN N43 TRILOGY N-COM HELMET
in Outlaw Flat Black

Nolan N43 Trilogy N-COM Solid Helmets
  • Ready for N-COM communication system
  • 6-in-1 crossover helmet design with quick-change accessories allows for customized look and fuctions for every ride
  • Includes clear shield, integrated sun shield, peak and removable chinbar
  • GE Lexan chinbar is EPS lined; mounted with strong stainless-steel latches, it passes the tests for full face helmets of the European standard ECE-2205
  • Removable and washable liner is antibacterial, antifungal, and wicking
  • Quick-change shield is optically correct and fitted in an exceptionally large eyeport. It accepts the Pinlock antifog insert (sold separately)
  • Microlock® (adjustable quick-release) retention chinstrap system (Microlock chinstrap helmet lock extension available (sold separately))
  • Top vent with read exhaust grid, and shield vent
  • DOT approved

Can anyone give me any feedback on it?

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
is this a blue tooth helmet i can seem to open up your link and I have not seen these yet so can`t help you there sorry

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My feedback...It will give you 100% more head protection than not wearing a helmet at all. :hot:

You can't go wrong with this helmet, good choice.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fixed the link to a site that carries them and gives good details on them.

They make a wired kit and a blue tooth kit, both fit from the inside with just the buttons exposed on the outside.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
SR, I had the same issue, and it was between the Nolan and the HJC IS-MAX.

I am going to get the HJC as soon as some money frees itself from the death grip of my bills and my wife's car always needing parts!!!! The HJC has excellent peripheral vision.

-Josh

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My feedback...It will give you 100% more head protection than not wearing a helmet at all. :hot:

You can't go wrong with this helmet, good choice.
Well, that can not be a great improvement because 100% more from 0 is still 0:joke:

Anywho, I wear a "helmet" now. It is just more like a plastic baseball hat that acts as a place to put my stickers.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
SR, I had the same issue, and it was between the Nolan and the HJC IS-MAX.

I am going to get the HJC as soon as some money frees itself from the death grip of my bills and my wife's car always needing parts!!!! The HJC has excellent peripheral vision.

-Josh
This type of modular was in my thought process, but I hate the idea of not being able to ride with the front portion 'up', so most traditional modulars would end up sitting on the shelf in my garage.

I am just trying to be honest with myself and get something I will actually wear.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Oh, I have that HJC modular, I always flip it up to back into parking or turning around in the garage, gives a full field of vision.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
I really like HJC helmets. I have an IS-33 3/4 helmet with the internal shield and would like to get an IS-16 full face with the internal shield. That shield is nice and works great for late evening or early morning rides when the sun is directly ahead of you. The IS-16 isn't a modular helmet and they have it in the matte black finish too.

A friend of mine just scored an IS-16 really cheap at a local Honda shop. They had mislabeled it and he got it for $69. I wish they had mislabeled another one. :D

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really like HJC helmets. I have an IS-33 3/4 helmet with the internal shield and would like to get an IS-16 full face with the internal shield. That shield is nice and works great for late evening or early morning rides when the sun is directly ahead of you. The IS-16 isn't a modular helmet and they have it in the matte black finish too.

A friend of mine just scored an IS-16 really cheap at a local Honda shop. They had mislabeled it and he got it for $69. I wish they had mislabeled another one. :D
Let's take this one step at a time.

I do not think I am ready for a full time full face yet.

I would feel claustrophobic if I could not ride opened faced and it would end up sitting on the shelf next to my other 3.

The Nolan with the chin bar passes the ero full face testing, so let me grow into the whole full face thing.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, I have that HJC modular, I always flip it up to back into parking or turning around in the garage, gives a full field of vision.
That is just it.

Those are not the only times I want it out of the way.

When I come off the highway and stop at the first light, I want to be able to get that front cover out of my way altogether.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I had one of the full face Modular ones that the whole front flipped up or you could just flip the visor. I always seemed to have the front up when I was going into the store for something quick or at a long light. Best of both worlds. I kind of miss having that feature on my Icon.

·
Registered
940 Posts
That is just it.

Those are not the only times I want it out of the way.

When I come off the highway and stop at the first light, I want to be able to get that front cover out of my way altogether.
I understand, I miss the open air and it takes away from the other sences. I took me a long while to get used to it. I have a friend who removed the shield from his and just wears eye protection.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I just bought a modular today. HJC IS-MAX-BT. I haven't riden with it yet, but it seems very comfortable, has the built in sun screen, is Bluetooth ready. They gave me 10% off and a amber sun screen to go with it. The whole front goes up and locks or just the shield goes up. I got it because I am tired of fussing with my glasses all of the time to put a helmet on or take it off.

·
Registered
172 Posts
No helmet

If I could get away with it I would not ware a helmet at all. The problem is, helmets are maditory by law here in Alberta. So I ware the smallest DOT helmet I could find.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Shark

Let's take this one step at a time.

I do not think I am ready for a full time full face yet.

I would feel claustrophobic if I could not ride opened faced and it would end up sitting on the shelf next to my other 3.

The Nolan with the chin bar passes the ero full face testing, so let me grow into the whole full face thing.
check out the Shark Evoline Wayer

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have a scorpion EXO-900. It's modular and I really ike it. IT has a good balance between air flow and wind noise.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i have a scorpion EXO-900. It's modular and I really ike it. IT has a good balance between air flow and wind noise.
:agree: If your wanting a mack-daddy full face.

I'm a Scorpion helmet guy myself (I like the 200 version 3/4 helmet with full shield.). My friend uses the 900 series helmet and loves it.

Here's a new one on the market you could try........it's quite roomy!!! :joke:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts