M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
when i get mine broke in i wanna race that flaming bananna of yours  :hot:  :bigthumbsup:

have cobra pipes now...

as far as what i will do to my bike is hard to say with so little available and whats out there is rediculously priced... prolly will take some time...

depending on the seat i get will make the descision for forward controls... if i can get a seat to push me back a bit they would'nt be needed... being they are quite the expensive item to add these days...

hope to buy a zuki gel seat soon...

looking at the 2000 fuel mapping thing right now but not sure if i need it or not...

windshield is a must for windy / cold weather ... have yet to see anything big enough to cover my needs... you know if you have one on there it should be big enough to do something otherwise leave that pos in the garage... i would only have it on during bad weather...

ummm some sort of bag to set on the back seat or back seat area...

side mount for plate...

maybe change led's...

would really like a ausie style back rest that fits into seat but not part of it just if you needed it that day...

thats the short list ... there are lots of other things if i had unlimited funds  :eek:

khrome

khrome  :doorag:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Silver, debadged, licence plate holder and rear turn signals chopped, kuryiakin iso grips, JSD-3, adding airfilter mod today, have detachable windshield on order.

This summer going to do a 20hp and 40hp staged dry shot of nitrous, power commander, wider rear tire, not sure if the 280 or 250 yet, lowering bones, forward controls, possible Gel Seat with set back.

Next year looking for more power.

·
Registered
593 Posts
De-badged Silver, Kuryakyn ISO grips with stiletto ends. Going for basic bolt-ons, pipes,induction, & PC3. as for appearance I am having the wheels powdercoated black along with the hub and any other parts that might look good black. I am thinking of some black pipes. 8)

·
Registered
750 Posts
ELECTRICZ28 said:
Debadged Silver, going for basic bolt-ons, pipes,induction, & PC3. as for appearence I am having the wheels powdercoated black along with the hub and any other parts that might look good black. I am thinking of some black drag pipes :eek:
Can you post picks of your wheels. I think Black poweder coating would look awesome on the silver.... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
898 Posts
ELECTRICZ28 said:
As soon as the wheels are on the bike I get some pics up
Have you priced it yet? I too think that would be way cool for my silver :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
593 Posts
khrome13 said:
Have you priced it yet? I too think that would be way cool for my silver :bigthumbsup:

khrome
Yes I have a quote for $75 a wheel for powdercoating and your responsible for removal and install. I think the dealership will break down your tires for $30 a wheel. You will need the axle tool from Suzuki. I ll be doing this towards the end of June.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Heck yeah you couldn't ask for more bang for the buck right out of the box, in a cruiser of course.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Black, just got her yesterday , 75 miles back from dealer - great ride! My first cruiser after many years of everything else . Really love the bike.....

I am de-badging/stickering/reflectoring now but want grips, mirrors and abbreviated plate bracket in back or maybe a side mounted one. Will get a gel seat, windshield and backrest for the occassional wifey tag along ride.

Want to polish the wheels and chrome the rear diff cover. So far I like the look of the stock pipes and for stockers they sound pretty damn good......always been a performance junkie (why I bought THIS cruiser) so more power wont be far off , though I swore I would try to keep her pretty stock.....yeah right.

Ridding her of the tank seam and adding some nice ghost flames would be nice......

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Black, had it a week and two days. pulled the side reflectors off front and back. just mounted my real license plate today. JSD-3M just came in today, service manual is on the way. have worked nearly two weeks straight so I am surprised I pulled off the bike deal in the middle of my mental haze, ain't regretted it. I am actually going to be off one or two days this coming week so I will spend some quality time with the M109R. Going to do a one off rear plate thing, cut the mudflap off and do up some streamlined turn sigs front and back. As soon as they come to market I will order the Power Commander, some kind of dual Hyper charger set up and a 2-1 pipe. I have had other cruisers with 2-2's and while they have the look they don't put down the numbers. Whatever I get for a pipe I will have it ceramic coated black, need to break up this sea of chrome. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm signing papers on Sat. on a Silver M... Wife thinks I'm crazy since I had the vtx1300 only for a year, but hard to pass up the sweetness of the M109R!!!!!!!!!!!! Once I get her home, if the weather permits, should be Sat.; I'll take some pics... I don't have the bike home yet and already shopping for pipes..... Might wait until a few more come out and get some reviews. Just wish I could find some sound clips..

·
Registered
289 Posts
Scrogg said:
Here Ya go ConnRadd. LaMonster recorded this right after he installed dragsters on his bike.

http://www.m109riders.com/cobrapipes.WAV
Wow, thanks for finding that for me. :beer2: Sounds good... Not as throaty as the VTX1300, but it's hard to get a clear sound on a sound bite. It does give me an idea what it sounds like, which is better than the X 1800 IMO! ;)

ConnRadd

·
Registered
119 Posts
Love my Black 109. 1500 + miles. The only "mod" so far are the two small dents on the left side of tank due to the 'kickstand episode"
Otherwise, stock, but as soon as there enough "nickels in the jar" would enjoy a set of cobras. Vavava-Vrooom! Ride Safe from S.A. ;)

·
Registered
936 Posts
i sold my 1300c so i could ride the 109, and it had a couple of $$$$ mods to it. my 109 has several mods.
1st kuryakan grips with stiletto ends
2cnd arlen ness tear drop mirrors
3rd lizard lights
4th260 metzler
5th lic.plate mod did the same thing lamont did, took the hack saw and sawed the blinkers off. everything under the fender and mounted the plate.
6th billet bllinkers at the lic. plate
7th cobra speedster slashdown pipes
8th cobra fi2000r
i done something else but wright now don't remember, have'nt wrote all that down yet.
i can't post pictures here my files are to big, but i have 10 pictures posted on m109r riders association under bubba you can see the bike there.

·
Registered
936 Posts
oh yea i've got a leather black bra that says 109 on it on the gas tank. i got the bra at onieda suzuki for 29.00 bucks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts