M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I'm the guy who broke his swing arm last year while going 75 mph on the interstate. See thread here: http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119720. Huge thanks to Matt (FuturR) giving me a lot of help...we are "Oh, so close" to getting it back on the road. Since my bike has been down for about 8 months I decided to make some "changes" or "mods" as we like to call them. Got my wheels and tank (which had a nice scratch) back from paint today. Bike is still all apart, but we're getting close to being able to put everything back together...hopefully next weekend, fingers crossed! Matt has documented everything on the website about what we had to fix with the engine/trans, so I thought I would show you guys the good stuff. I am putting a lot of black accents on the bike along with keeping some of the chrome.

-Painted wheels black to match factory black (blue pearl and all)
-Painted rotors black
-Painted exhaust tips black
-Planning on blacking out forks soon
-2" lowering bones
-Bought RAW led turn signal kit
-Plan to get rid of the lollipops on the front as well, just not sure what I'm gonna go w/ yet.

I am soooo anxious to get back on the road with my baby. I have been on this website several times a day just to give me some kind of 109 fix until I get her back on the road. Here are a few pics of what's going on right now. I'll make sure to get the finished product up on the site as soon as we're finished. This site is freaking awesome BTW....I have learned so much about the bike by just browsing around.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, Matt is THE MAN. He has saved me a ton of money by finding used parts. The dude is a wealth of knowledge. James had a hand in the first repair, so I appreciate that as well man. Hopefully all us Indiana boys can get a nice ride together once I'm up and goin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts