M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this I'm leaving work last night and this drunk cager decides to go out of his way 3 F%#KING times to cut me off!! And I mean CUT OFF...not swerving ...but quickly jerking his wheel at me...first time in my life I was afraid for my life on a motorcycle!! Yes...it was intentional, because every time this A%%HOLE laughed and flipped me the bird. Never saw this guy before in my life!! I had to lock up my brakes every time he attempted to put me off the road!! We exchanged words at a couple of red lights. He must of had a bug up his a$$ or something!! Anyways....I followed him to where he lives....big mistake on his part....so I know where this bonehead lives!! I went to the cops and they are doing NOTHING!! This guy could have killed me!!....not once...but 3 TIMES!!! :swear: We just had a incident here a few weeks ago when a cager cut off a biker and the biker chased this cager for miles on the interstate!! The cager ended up swerving into this guy....and biker hit the center median and was tossed into oncoming traffic and got ran over by a semi!! You would think since that happened that the cops would be a little more serious about this issue!! I can't seem to calm down about this...what should I do??

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Kill em all and let God sort them out. Seriously don't know what I'd have done in your position, but if I'd followed him all the way home, I'd have to have a close personal discussion with Mr. Lane (whoops wrong thread, my bad) about intentionally trying to kill me with his cage.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would come back to his house with a couple of buddies of mine, and well you know do a little damage to the car and his face.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I admire your restraint. It would have been tough after the first time, real tough after the second and darn near impossible after the third. I am in shock that the police are not doing anything. The fact that it was intentional and that you tracked him to his address and all seems to me that you have done all the leg work for them, although the cager could argue your word against his. All in all it is worth at least investigating you would think.

First and foremost, you are ok and lived to tell about it. Second, you did the right thing, by going to the police. Violence only brings on more violence. I am sure many would say kick his door in, kick his butt etc, but you showed great restraint. I would really press the police to do something. Next time the next person may not be as fortunate as yourself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I'm kinda surprised you didn't try to talk to him at his house especially since you had already exchanged pleasantries.....who knows, he may have a wife whose sick and tired of him coming home drunk.

However, at this point, you should count yourself lucky that he was unsuccessful and let it go !

You know the guy, his vehicle and his home if you ever have future problems with him. Maybe you should make the police notification a formal complaint.....just in case. Who knows, your information may turn out to be what the cops need, due to prior problems with the guy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JRs DAD said:
Actually, I'm kinda surprised you didn't try to talk to him at his house especially since you had already exchanged pleasantries.....who knows, he may have a wife whose sick and tired of him coming home drunk.

However, at this point, you should count yourself lucky that he was unsuccessful and let it go !

You know the guy, his vehicle and his home if you ever have future problems with him. Maybe you should make the police notification a formal complaint.....just in case. Who knows, your information may turn out to be what the cops need, due to prior problems with the guy.
OK...here's the deal!! He lives in a condo...and parks in a underground parking structure!! I pulled up right to the automated garage door to see him exiting his car laughing an call me a fat f%@k!! I was ready to pull in there and drop this guy...but I know there had to be cameras in there somewhere!! I've learned a lot as I've gotten older....think more about "what if" before I act!! The cop that arrived at the scene knew who the guy was before I even talked to him!! He would'nt give me details....but they have had run-ins with this [email protected]$ker in past!!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Just wait that guys time will come .................... you will get your chance to do what is need on your terms not someone elses ;)

·
Registered
664 Posts
You can always go through and place him under Citizens arrest... It is a pain in the azz to prove and do anything with but it is some times worth it.....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Happy to hear that you are not hurt!

With that being said there is absolutely nothing that you can legally do. I know that's extremely hard to accept, but it's the sad facts. The police cannot do anything unless they see it happen.

When we ride we not only have to be totally defensive, but I'm afraid we also have to go to extremes to avoid any kind of confrontation, while on the road, because we will always come out second best. It sucks, but it's the facts. You will soon read about carring BBs in your pocket, and dropping rocks on the road while you're in front of the cage and all kinds of stuff that will only get you in big trouble if you get caught.

You can follow people and beat the $--T out of them when they stop. It will give you satisfaction, but you will be the perpetrator.

If someone is trying to run you off the road, the only real thing that you can do is get the hell away from him.

I'm sorry that this happened to you, but age and experience has taught me the very sad facts above.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Try talking to the head honcho, not one of the drones. If that doesn't work try talking to the local district attorney, the one who prosecutes DWI.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
COZ375 said:
Happy to hear that you are not hurt!

With that being said there is absolutely nothing that you can legally do. I know that's extremely hard to accept, but it's the sad facts. The police cannot do anything unless they see it happen.Â

When we ride we not only have to be totally defensive, but I'm afraid we also have to go to extremes to avoid any kind of confrontation, while on the road, because we will always come out second best. It sucks, but it's the facts. You will soon read about carring BBs in your pocket, and dropping rocks on the road while you're in front of the cage and all kinds of stuff that will only get you in big trouble if you get caught.

You can follow people and beat the $--T out of them when they stop. It will give you satisfaction, but you will be the perpetrator.

If someone is trying to run you off the road, the only real thing that you can do is get the hell away from him.

I'm sorry that this happened to you, but age and experience has taught me the very sad facts above.

Ride safe!
Sad but true brutha!! I did do my best to avoid the guy...the second time he cut me off...he was 3-5 car lengths behind me. We were on a 2 lane highway...i was in the right lane...he was in the left. There was an exit coming up...maybe a 1/4 mile or so. The A$$HOLE punches it to catch up to me...then cuts me right off and swerves onto the exit!! Thats when I lost it!! Followed him off the exit and caught up to him at the red light at the top of the exit!! Cussed the dude out and he ran the red. Caught him at the next red light...that was the third attempt...he tried running me and my bike over!!! I'm so glad I dont own a pistol...cuz I'd prolly be in jail right now!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok what is a cager :dontknow:

ya I hate bad driver so I just assume none of them know I'm there so i should pass them as soon as possible or stay 2-4sec behind them until i see an opertunity to pass :evil:

I still have a scooter horn so I avoid hitting that at all cost :realmad:

·
Registered
387 Posts
First of all he was drunk. No use talking to a drunk stranger, even a drunk friend is difficult to talk with. You did the right thing by getting out of there with the address. JOHN

·
Registered
100 Posts
I guess a .308 inside the city might get a little loud.Confronting him at his house with no witnesses would have gotten you a ride to jail I would bet.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
it's unfortunate, but the folks here who say we the bikers are screwed are correct. you can forget about it, and let kharma take its due. or, you can take things into your own hands. the latter is easy to do, just not easy to get away with. be careful.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ummm maybe help the neighbors out and take all the air out of all 4 tires just to make sure he stays home for the night. Or if the car was unlocked you could always pull the plugs. If there drunk I'd imagine that would confuse them a bit <but then again getting cought doing something like that could be a problem>

·
Registered
292 Posts
man that really urinates me off.....maybe i wont get that carry permit after all....less likely to pull it if I'm not legal.
you must have a lot of self control

1 - 20 of 32 Posts