M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this yesterday "I didn't wait for a deal on this one because who knows if I will live another day."

I forgot to mention about my ride yesterday that I was coming around a blind turn at a pretty good clip and as I'm leaned into the turn I see a big red Dodge Ram about half in my lane and moving at a pretty good clip. :yikes: I was able to move over about two feet and he was able to move over about a foot but if I had been going any faster I think it would have been all over. ::)

The funny thing is I forgot all about it till I was talking with a friend of mine this morning and we were talking about his wife being worried that he was going to get killed on a bike. I came pretty close to getting killed and I'm so use to that happening that I barley think twice about it anymore. ::)

Be safe out there guys and expect the unexpected and always have a plan of escape. :doorag:

·
Registered
107 Posts
We have many drivers in MD who cant seem to stay in their lane around curves. Almost everytime I am in a curve with an oncoming vehicle I have to swerve out so they don't take my head off. Kids in their small import cars race down the road here and there are many accidents due to it as well as the occasional death.

I ride turns slow here when the roads are busy just in case I need to adjust, its not worth dying for.

Everyone be safe

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
In my younger "squid" days I never even thought about what might be around the corner, passing people on curves because they were in our way etc., but now with age comes wisdom (also sliding across asphalt at 40mph tends to slow you down). It's weird that those things don't occur to the younger ones but as you get older you're always thinking slow down, there could be somebody stopped on the other side of this hill or pulling out of a driveway etc.

Watch out for everybody else because they're not watchin for you.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Had one occur today that woke me up quick. No other vehicle involved, just me with some speed up entering a entrance ramp to the inter-state and hitting a wide tar strip with the front tire. Thought for sure I was going down. The temps here in NE Pa. have been close to 90 and when that tar starts to gel, a bit, it's worse than ice. Funny how you forget about things until you get a abrupt wake up call!!!

G

·
Yes, had the blod rushing to my balls this morning. Some idiot :swear: on the highway forgotten his exitramp and braked like hell just infront of me...Thanks god for the great brakes on the 109 :p

Got off with a scare, but i guess thats a part of riding a bike. It has to be at bit dangerous to be as good to ride free..........? or what

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a bunch of friends (sportbike riders) who ride like idots and I'm afraid one of them is going to go down really hard or get killed. I wish they were smarter riders.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Lamont don't go dying on us man!!

WE NEED YOU!

(at least until I get my slashdowns)

JUST KIDDING!! :joke:

Very glad to hear you didn't get slammed, a guy I grew up with died 3 weeks ago ...head on collision, wasn't pretty

ride safe

-Chad

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had some jerk pass a semi right when he was comming up to me yesterday.then he had the gonads to wave to me (i was lucky the shoulder was paved and not gravel as i was doin 70)i waved back but my wave didnt have as many fingers as his

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I had some slob woman on a cell phone, driving a piece of sheit minivan Ford Winstar...I was doing 50 in a 35mph zone and I swear...she had to be 5-6
behind me....I came to a light...I put her in nuetral...I turned around and flipped up my shield violently and gave her the look of death and waved her
off in gester...she hunched her fat shoulders like she didn't understand...ewwww I was pissed .

Needless to say...she laid wwwaaaaay back , I think she'll respect a cyclist for a while, anyway...when she saw a 255 lb built black guy behind that shield...I think I think I terrorized her.

I pulled into a BP gas station...and filled up and had an ice tea to cool of a bit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You all done this befor?? maby, lol went flying around a curve with tree's on both sides of the ditch. And 3 large deer scrambled accrossed the road in front of me, set me in total shock as I was leaning in the curve. :eek: Can't nail the brakes or I'll go down,just by the grace of God I missed them. Now I know why we buy deer license ::) Now I drive more cautiously because of the deerzzzz 8)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i came upon another rider and fell into a stagger behind him, coming home from work the other day. we were in the far left lane of an interstate just cruisin along. a car from the middle lane (right of us) just pulled right into our lane and ran him off onto the shoulder...didn't even look to see where he was goin.

i was so pissed, and wanted to chase the guy down. i didn't of course. i think that's the most frustrating thing about cagers vs. motorcycles. we really have no recourse. unless there's a cop right there when it happens, they will continually get away with it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
BY THE GRACE OF GOD I DON'T HAVE ANY STORIES LIKE THE OTHERS ON THIS THREAD. JUST THE USUAL CAR PULLING OUT IN FRONT OF ME FROM A DRIVEWAY OR SIDE STREET WHEN YOU KNOW THEY HAVE TO SEE YOU. :verymad: READING ALL OF YOUR POST JUST REMINDS ME TO BE CONSTANTLY BE AWARE. EVERYONE STAY SAFE.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
;) Sorry to you older guys ;) But I had an old man and his two buddies that were riding with him run a red light and pull out right in front of me! I hit the brakes and slid the bike a little to the side and got slowed down just short of his bumper. I was EXTREEMELY mad as there have been about 6 or so motorcycle deaths here in the area in the last month or so. I could't believe it! Next thing I knew I was riding right next to him fighting back the urge to kick his door in, when I noticed his window was down! My mouth was running LOUD and faster than I could think and he didn't have anything to say back. I remember yelling to him amongst many many other things that don't need repeating that something about him and his buddies being old and their lives almost over and that MINE had just begun, and that he better watch out or he was gonna be a killer too! Wow was I ticked. Getting a little worked up about it while typing this. Better stop now before I go too far 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.