M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year after shopping for a new bike, I looked at Harley and some used pieces but settled on a 2005 C90. Spent a lot of money on extras and thought I was happy until I saw the pics of the M109. After wiping the drool off my lip, I talked the ole lady into buying me a 109. Once I got the 109, I sent out the pieces of my C90 to get custom painted which by the way took 4 months. My intention was selling her after the paint got done because after all, I'm riding the crap out of my 109. But after putting it back together, I decide to keep both bikes, to use the C90 when I take the Mrs out and single seat the 109 when I'm riding solo. Yesterday I went with a friend to pickup parts at the Harley store and saw a beautiful 2007 Road King. The first thought was to quickly sell the C90 and go for the King. The salesman quoted me $5000.00 over MSRP as they were not an MSRP dealer so I called a dealer 35 miles north and got a quote at MSRP. The wheels were turning and I could visualize the King parked next to my 109...But last night I took another ride on my 90 with the Mrs and rediscovered my love for Suzuki. I realized that I really like riding this bike. We've gone to the Keys and Daytona and many short trips just to ride over the past year and a half. So some day it might be a Harley, but not today....

G

·
Sounds like you made a very responsible decision. You almost fell prey to the Harley image. Good for you. Now post pics of the custom C90!

·
Registered
205 Posts
sledzep01 said:
Some dealers STILL charge over MSRP???? WOW!
They are not that hot anymore in my opinion.

Sledzep
Some dealers treat selling at MSRP as giving you a bargain. :confused:

·
Registered
414 Posts
sledzep01 said:
Some dealers STILL charge over MSRP???? WOW!
They are not that hot anymore in my opinion.

Sledzep
In So. Calif there is finally enough competion thet more Harley Dealers are actually selling at MSRP...10 years ago they all quoted $2-7 grand more...and people paid it...I knew guys who would drive from LA to Fresno because they could save $3000 there...

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I can remember shopping around (did not buy) and the best deal back then was MSRP, IF you bought $5k worth of addons/clothing. I was freaked out!
I cant believe it is still happening with how good the Japanese bikes look and run. Is the amount of riders growing alot every year? or are the "RUB's" buying several at a time?

Sledzep

1 - 7 of 7 Posts