M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep! I almost dumped my new 109. Just bought it today and I was goin around showing it to everyone. When I was leaving my parents house I either hit some mud or loose gravel. That back tire spun and when it hit the pavement it threw it sideways. I really need to get used to that touchy throttle.

·
Registered
775 Posts
glad you held it up; would suck to ruin a new toy. with a little practice, that touchy throttle and spinning rear wheel can be alot of fun to show off. NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW, OR ANYTHING. :evil:

G

·
You will get used to that throttle in no time. It does get some getting used to. Good save. Enjoy the new beauty.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Go home change the undies and say a little prayer to the motorcycle god. Glad you and the bike are ok, it does take some getting used too. :eek:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. This bike's throttle is wayyyy more responsive and it has so much more torque than my ol' gixxer 600 had. This bike is freakin awesome.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:eek: I have found that you can keep a change of underwear under the seat for those times when the throttle doesn't play nice :D
Good save BTW

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
BIGD... said:
:eek: I have found that you can keep a change of underwear under the seat for those times when the throttle doesn't play nice :D
Good save BTW
Be sure to put them in a plastic ziplock... so they don't get dirty before ya need them..

Good save Vic, just as a warning from someone else who's riding a 9 for the first time.. Be really careful with the throttle on this thing in turns. It has so much torque that if you roll off the throttle or onto the throttle too quickly in a tight turn it will most CERTAINLY bust the back tire loose or slow you too much and make you want to lay it down. Remember the board rule: Shiny Side UP, Rubber Side Down, Throttle as open as your undies will allow 8)

·
Registered
116 Posts
:welcome: Glad you kept the shiny side up. I'm just down the road from you in Moore County. Maybe we'll see each other on the road. I try to get up to HSA in Sanford on occasion. Is that where you got your new bike?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Glad you didn't drop it. You will get used to the throttle, but until you do stay on the clutch a little longer.
It worked for me. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
292 Posts
you'll get used to it .....I was reading on this site for a couple months..before I bought the M109r...and was a bit nervous when I first set on it ....I thought all hell was going to break loose......Bahhh.....my old 1200 was a little more excitable on the throttle than this bike.....so I guess I was used to it.....but it is something to respect that is for sure.....a little squerly on wet pavement.....and when you hit the red line :yikes:
ride safe
always

·
Registered
56 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
a good cheap temporary solution is a throttle rocker. Fits to the heal of your hand and smooths out the touchyness :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:
I was wondering if those helped. I have been looking at a set and couldn't decide weither to buy them or not.

·
Registered
105 Posts
victoryss364 said:
Yep! I almost dumped my new 109. Just bought it today and I was goin around showing it to everyone. When I was leaving my parents house I either hit some mud or loose gravel. That back tire spun and when it hit the pavement it threw it sideways. I really need to get used to that touchy throttle.
Good Save!! and Glad to hear i'm not the only one. Man...I brought my new black 109 home last Friday. It was late when I finally got back so I planned on riding first thing in the am. I walked it out of my garage as my daughter cheering me on. As I got it almost turned around I thought to myself crank it up and throttle it around...I did and almost thrust into my damn truck. I quickly turned it off, got off and looked to see which one of my neighbors saw me make a fool of myself. Dont think anyone saw so I took my helmet off listened to my eight year old girl say dad.... sure you know what your doing? It was at that point I thought to myself, hell no I shouldnt have got this 1800cc machine, shouldve got 1100 like everyone advised me. I went into the house and thought damn , you just paid 12k and now your scared. I said a quick prayer, walked it down the driveway, cranked it up and I haven't looked back since. 136 miles on day 1, 142 on day 2...I'll figure this beast out sooner or later LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts