M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a country ride with my mates and pulled over to the side of the road.
There were road works being done and when I put my foot down it slipped on the blue metal.
Bit of a shock when your not expecting it that's for sure :eek:
Bike probably moved over say 20 deg from the vertical and I remember standing holding the bars and wrestling the thing back up.
There was no way I was going to let it go as I had added incentive....the missus was sitting on the back....Damm my back hurt.
On a lighter note a couple of my Harley mates tried to blow me off the line and failed.
They had no passengers and said the worst thing was my missus giving them a wave as we blew by. It was only a lowish speed run as I will not do too much with her on the back but she reports that the sissy bar works a treat :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
346 Posts
I am glad to hear that you are ok. I think it is amazing that we are all pretty much on the other side of the earth from each other, yet the internet and our common love of riding and the 109 can bring us all together. Man I am glad I was not born any other time...what the hell did they do in the 1800's for fun anyway. When I was in the Navy I partied with some of you Aussie boys in Hawaii...you guys are crazy and you can really put the beer away....take it easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hah sailors
I think our Navy floats on beer :D
Would you believe we are turning into a nation of wine drinkers

Totally agree on the internet and how it's changed our lives
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
Aussie109 said:
Hah sailors
I think our Navy floats on beer :D
Would you believe we are turning into a nation of wine drinkers

Totally agree on the internet and how it's changed our lives
Aussie: I'm a old Navy Man myself and your right, Mariners need their brew. It keeps them :D :D :D. Just wondering.....how long is your "riding season" down under? I'm in the Pocono Mts. of Pennsylvania and if I'm lucky I may see 6 months per year. Before I forget, your back rest is a beauty!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
Felix T Cat said:
Navy 90-96 here. 2 Sub Tours.
Hey Bob, I'm over towards Lancaster if you ever make it out this way let me know.
Felix: I'm in Moscow just south of Scranton. Have a cousin who lives in New Hope, Bucks County. I get down that way once in awhile. Navy 68-72, 2 years USS Little Rock CLG-4, Med Tour...... 2 years USS Grand Canyon AR-28.....East Coast, New Port.

Keep the rubber side down :) :) :) :) :)....I'll give a yell if I get you way!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
I actually passed through New Hope about 1 week ago on the YZF with NE Sportbike Riders during a covered bridge ride.

Me, my wife and some of our friends usually make a couple of New Hope Trips during the summer running up though pottstown, 611N and then 313 ? down to 202 and into New Hope for lunch. I'm sure once the weather clears we will be taking the 109R up there.

Oh and USS Minneapolis St Paul (708) and USS Greenville (772)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
Felix T Cat said:
I actually passed through New Hope about 1 week ago on the YZF with NE Sportbike Riders during a covered bridge ride.

Me, my wife and some of our friends usually make a couple of New Hope Trips during the summer running up though pottstown, 611N and then 313 ? down to 202 and into New Hope for lunch. I'm sure once the weather clears we will be taking the 109R up there.
If you want a real treat....Thursday nights, Wilkes Barre exit off I-18 North, Kidder Street ....Lone Star Steak House......up to a thousand bikes on a warm night.....things get going around 5 PM and are jumping by 6PM......last till well after 10-11.

I love the ride south on old 611, along the Delaware. It's beautiful :) :) I usually run I-380 E to I-80 to 33 to 22 and pickup 611 in Easton.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bob109 said:
Aussie: I'm a old Navy Man myself and your right, Mariners need their brew. It keeps them :D :D :D. Just wondering.....how long is your "riding season" down under? I'm in the Pocono Mts. of Pennsylvania and if I'm lucky I may see 6 months per year. Before I forget, your back rest is a beauty!
If you don't mind getting wet riding season can be 12 months.
In winter we may have a wet couple of weeks continuous but it's rare.
I only ride on weekends and in winter may ride 3 weekends out of 4 per month and stay dry.
Temps in winter are a low of say 50deg F to max of say 65-70 deg F during the day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
Aussie109 said:
If you don't mind getting wet riding season can be 12 months.
In winter we may have a wet couple of weeks continuous but it's rare.
I only ride on weekends and in winter may ride 3 weekends out of 4 per month and stay dry.
Temps in winter are a low of say 50deg F to max of say 65-70 deg F during the day.
We get temp extremes....low teens to 20 and 30 F for approximately 3 months....the bike stays parked in the garage and I do a lot of polishing and wishing for warmer weather :) :) :) :)......once in awhile, during the winter, we'll get a warm snap, one or two days, which allows for a quick ride!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Hey bob and felix I'm only 45 minutes from new hope and we like to go there for lunch on sundays there are always some awesome custom bikes there. I've been once this year and i cruised the sttrip alone i've never seen so many people taping there buddys and pointing to a bike before. anyway let me know when you want to meet i'll be there. :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
BGNICK said:
Hey bob and felix I'm only 45 minutes from new hope and we like to go there for lunch on sundays there are always some awesome custom bikes there. I've been once this year and i cruised the sttrip alone i've never seen so many people taping there buddys and pointing to a bike before. anyway let me know when you want to meet i'll be there. :bigthumbsup:
Sounds good to me! Maybe we could all hook-up in Easton, that may be a central area for all of us?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
bob109 said:
Sounds good to me! Maybe we could all hook-up in Easton, that may be a central area for all of us?
Sounds like a plan, I'll warn you now that I would probably bring along my friend on his Shadow 750, try not to be tooooo hard on him :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
Felix T Cat said:
Sounds like a plan, I'll warn you now that I would probably bring along my friend on his Shadow 750, try not to be tooooo hard on him :p
My best friend and fellow rider has a Shadow 1100, Gold with factory flames.....he loves the Easton to New Hope ride along the canals and river :) :) :)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top