M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just taking a easy ride with the little lady. A truck pulled out in front of me, so I tail gated him. Then I noticed the bed was full of bee hives. I immediately dropped back. I had my visor up and a bee flew into my helmet and went to town on my ear. I was in the twisties and had no where to pull over. I had to suffer for a good minute until there was a dirt turn out. In my haste I locked the rear wheel and nearly went down. I was able to stop, got my gloves and helmet off. Stinger still stuck to my ear. Got it out. Whilst the old lady laughing at me. In the end, funny story and no one got hurt.

·
Registered
50 Posts
ummm.....hmmmm..I'm not going to laugh.. I'm not going to laugh ...roflmao... just kidding... just glad you made it through safely... hope you have more enjoyable rides upcoming ...lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sheer Genius, thinking that you should tailgate him after he pulled in front of you. (his payback I guess with the KILLA BEES)LOL.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Another truck not to tailgate would be a "wet' garbage truck....most specifically on an interstate....glad your ok :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was just taking a easy ride with the little lady. A truck pulled out in front of me, so I tail gated him. Then I noticed the bed was full of bee hives. I immediately dropped back. I had my visor up and a bee flew into my helmet and went to town on my ear. I was in the twisties and had no where to pull over. I had to suffer for a good minute until there was a dirt turn out. In my haste I locked the rear wheel and nearly went down. I was able to stop, got my gloves and helmet off. Stinger still stuck to my ear. Got it out. Whilst the old lady laughing at me. In the end, funny story and no one got hurt.
I know how that feels, many years ago when I was stationed in Hawaii I was riding my 450 honda on H1 at about 65 and took a wasp up the right sleeve of my tee shirt. I was in the fast lane and had to put up with the son of a b!$&h stinging me in the armpit for about 1/2 a mile before I could get off to the right shoulder and kill that Bastard. It take a lot of restraint to let one of those things sting you and still get over safely, great job!!!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Glad to hear all ended well!
I couple years ago I had a bee go up my nose & it was very scary, so I know how you felt...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me with my wife on board, country road hot day visor up and in it went. Picture this helmet off slapping my face while trying to stop in a hurry :D Oh ya, fingerless gloves and up into the glove it goes, high speed, hands off bars, glove fling and my buddies wondering what the :edit: I'm doing.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hink, holy crap! LMAO!

To the OP, glad you are OK. THat happened to me this time last year except a Hornet flew into my neck and stung the crap out of me. Amazing how much pain and panic you can take when it means keeping the shiny side off the pavement!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
See!

Helmets and gloves are dangerous.

Riding without either, the bee would have blown right by, there would have been no situation to react to and he would not have almost gone down.

Just saying:D

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
that is awesome hink!!

i had that same thing happen to me but it got stuck between my cheek pad and the cranium pad in my helmet. i could hear that dam thing buzzing, but thankfully never got got.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
to the OP-
glad you are okay and didn't go down. however, tailgating a truck is not something i would do regardless of what it is hauling.

hink-
that was hilarious! where do you come up with this stuff? :a20:
i picture you having this database full of funny stuff to post up when the moment presents itself, waiting patiently by the computer like a jungle cat stalking it's prey.........and once it shows it's weakness you pounce on it. LOL.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Cant laugh same thing happened to me... Minus the wife laughing at me (ouch!) insert interstate and having to switch lanes... while bee is going to town on my Left Eye,

It amazing how the stinger still pumps after the bee is dead! :nojoke:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts