M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This evening I thought I was going to get my first ticket on my black beast  :(  Jumped on the I-12,  just a little past dust, and with a clear open road ahead of me, downshifted to 2nd, opened the throttle, went through the gears and settled in around 80.  Things just felt good  :a18: and I was really enjoying the ride - when I noticed a single headlight in my rear mirror pull out from the car immediately behind me, gaining ground quickly.  Always up for a challenge, :bigthumbsup: just as the bike reached my rear wheel, I downshifted and gave the throttle a little bump - thank goodness, because next thing the lights came on  :cop:  .  My heart skipped that  beat  :yikes: I backed off and that voice in my head started  :cus: :swear: :realmad:  .  Yep, it was a state trooper, but much too my surprise - just as I started to back off of the throttle to enter the shoulder and take my consequences, he  :cop: just motored up - gave me a big   :bigthumbsup: shut down his lights and shot past me  :2cool:  .  Maybe he just wanted to get a better look at the bike he "heard" merging onto the interstate!  I guess like all of us, sometimes even they :cop: "just enjoy the ride"   :a18: .  You can bet I'll take better care in the future.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow, that's cool.   :bigthumbsup: What a great story, thanks for sharing.

Everytime I see a :cop: put his lights on behind me and start coming up fast, my heart skips a few beats.  Personally,  I've never had good luck with them, so I try to always be on the lookout, but sometimes they catch my attention slipping.  I don't even drive/ride that fast in the first place.

·
Registered
629 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Great experience. Must have to do with the fact that you weren't over doing it.
Just playing around a little. 8)
Thanks for sharing. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts