M109 Rider Forums banner

allen wrenches

935 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  enviroser 
#1 ·
it may sound silly but need to know the allen sizes that I need for the 9. Just a basic one for the tires and minor repairs. Went to fix the front rim and the guy used a spark remover to loosen he main front wheel lug. had to hammer it in. I almost broke his neck! any suggestions as to the basic allen sizes? Want to order them now! also any other special size wrenches need it would greatly be appreciated.
By the way almost in process of almost losing my girlfriend due to this forum.... Every time I have free time cant help but to get in the computer and start reading it. It is kind of addictive:a20:

#2 ·
A standard metric set is all you need for most jobs.

For the axles, there is a special axle tool.

This post has been deleted
#4 ·
#5 ·
I just used a 1/2 inch bolt head and double nutted the thread part to use a wrench or socket:D
Why you guys always gotta be spending the money?:dontknow::joke:

#7 ·
I didn't have any problems. The bolt size is 1/2 but I think the head size is 3/4". 3/4 and 19mm are pretty much the same size. Like 9/16 and 14mm:bigthumbsup:

I'd take a picture of it, but I'm at work today and the bolt is at home. Then I have to get some things taken care of before I can leave to go out of town. If I get it done early I'll post it up here. I wouldn't be against buying one, but for DLP to get it to Ven. that might take a while;)

Oh! Also when I take mine apart, one some I have to use the long straight Allens, then in other places I have to use the bent ones. Both sets would be handy to have. If you take off the rear skin, don't forget the two Phillips head screws that are above the rear tire.

#8 ·
I didn't have any problems. The bolt size is 1/2 but I think the head size is 3/4". 3/4 and 19mm are pretty much the same size. Like 9/16 and 14mm:bigthumbsup:

I'd take a picture of it, but I'm at work today and the bolt is at home. Then I have to get some things taken care of before I can leave to go out of town. If I get it done early I'll post it up here. I wouldn't be against buying one, but for DLP to get it to Ven. that might take a while;)

Oh! Also when I take mine apart, one some I have to use the long straight Allens, then in other places I have to use the bent ones. Both sets would be handy to have. If you take off the rear skin, don't forget the two Phillips head screws that are above the rear tire.
Thanks. By the way do you have a basic tool kit you recommend for this bik? Plan to be with it for a while and then get me the 2011 model so I want to have everything that is needed to work on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.