M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read and see alot of mods people have done on here. But see very little mentioned about inturnal engine Mods. Has anyone done New cams,larger bore or stroke?? Or things of that nature. Or is this motor designed at its physical limits already?? Just wondering. Planning for the Future I guess you could say.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I have read and see alot of mods people have done on here. But see very little mentioned about inturnal engine Mods. Has anyone done New cams,larger bore or stroke?? Or things of that nature. Or is this motor designed at its physical limits already?? Just wondering. Planning for the Future I guess you could say.:bigthumbsup:
Oh dear God... Brace yourself bro. You don't know it, but you just opened a huge can or worms!! :eek: Let the post war......BEGIN!!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
There has actually been several members that have done things. I will be doing alot over the next coming year. There are only a couple of vendors for this sort of work. If you plan on doing the work yourself, then there is only one to buy the parts from and that company/person does not have alot of respect on here. I will be taking my time and sourcing parts for myself and will be sharing all with my brethren. Just do not bug me about as it will most likely be the end of the year before I get to it.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
There has actually been several members that have done things. I will be doing alot over the next coming year. There are only a couple of vendors for this sort of work. If you plan on doing the work yourself, then there is only one to buy the parts from and that company/person does not have alot of respect on here. I will be taking my time and sourcing parts for myself and will be sharing all with my brethren. Just do not bug me about as it will most likely be the of the year before I get to it.
Just for that I'm gonna send you a PM every day! Just to ask is it ready yet?:yikes::D:joke:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I'd like to mess with the internals too, just trying to find a reputable builder with PROVEN quality parts before I dip it. Lookin to see when the Raw stuff starts to surface I have heard some really good things.
You will be waiting for a good while. He does not sell internal engine parts, only motor builds and you have to send him your motor. Oh, and you can not pay with a credit card from either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why would you want more power. The second gear problem that this bike has won't take more power . Its ashame Suzuki would do nothing about this second gear trany problem . Thats why sales fell off and now they have droped them ,.:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Why would you want more power. The second gear problem that this bike has won't take more power . Its ashame Suzuki would do nothing about this second gear trany problem . Thats why sales fell off and now they have droped them ,.:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:
It will if you have it backcut at the same time they are working on your engine;)

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Check with Kenny Bodreaux. He just got his bike done. Full internal kit. think it was 146 hp and 124 torque. Rwhp of course.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ive had to go thru and back cut my gears in my GSXR tranny problems is nothing new iwth Suzuki's or hate to say it any other Motorcycle when you start stepping up the power. My GSXR makes 226 at rearwheel with NOS kit used to hit 300+ ( have since removed NOS) was driving bike on the street again. But since i got my 9. think i will definitly either put it back on or I'm really looking at a multiple stage turbo system. and setting it back up for strip only :doorag:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Second gear problem .

The M109 are not able to take the power the stock motor can put out because of the BAD DESIGH. Were not talking about a hoped up crouch rocket. Suzuki should be ashame the way they have snobed so many customers. I have a 650 Bergman but won't buy another Suzuki. I am over 60 and have had no second gear problem other then it clunks like its falling out. The second gear problem is crap and they should make it right..................:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Raw bikes

I do not have any internal work done to my bike, just basic stuff intake, exhaust, powercomander.....but I have ran my bike against some raw bikes and they are making some huge gains over stock or even slightly modified bikes like mine. They are fast, we had the Geico dyno drags guys in town for a rally here and they said the 109's that were running (Raw bikes) were making the biggest hp numbers he had seen from any 109. This guy stated that too the crowd and he has been all over the country running those things. He even thought they were spraying...which I can tell you they were not, just motor. I would check out the Raw stuff, and like someone said Kenny has one talk to him....I have seen Kenny's bike also in person. He has done some fine tuning since I seen it last, so it is even making bigger numbers now. Just my two cents, Raw is worth checking out.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I've liked what I've heard about the RAW stuff but I would like to see
them post some numbers. Like Hp, Tq, and cost. Not only that but
I would also like to see some dyno print outs. Kinda curious what
changes the mods have made to the hp and tq curves.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
totally disagree

The M109 are not able to take the power the stock motor can put out because of the BAD DESIGH. Were not talking about a hoped up crouch rocket. Suzuki should be ashame the way they have snobed so many customers. I have a 650 Bergman but won't buy another Suzuki. I am over 60 and have had no second gear problem other then it clunks like its falling out. The second gear problem is crap and they should make it right..................:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:
driving a stock 9 except for adjusting how i shift The trans is holding up just fine. Just had to add alittle preload on shifter and shift under moderate load and I have no problems with it. Pulls like a raped ape til 100+ beat up on a few v rods other evening stoplight to stoplight. 2nd gear has been a problem for years on alot of bikes Suzuki's included. Spent many late nights at my buddys shop working on my bike while he worked on others. Have seen many many gears back cut to help reduce the issue. Its a shame they dont do it from the factory. So if you think not buying another Suzuki will get you away from the issue Afraid I disagree.:-X

1 - 20 of 20 Posts