M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to pass a car the other day and when I opened it up to get around it the bike really hesitated a lot, it died then it woke up. Did any body else have this happen yet.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
what were your rpm's before you did this? if ya weren't at least at 3k, ya should downshift before expecting any get up and go.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
phaed said:
what were your rpm's before you did this? if ya weren't at least at 3k, ya should downshift before expecting any get up and go.
I always run 93 octane and I down shifted at around 3 grand I did not hit the rev limiter and the bike just died And then picked back up.I always buy gas at the same place and never had trouble with it. I have 5700 miles on the bike.

·
Registered
326 Posts
FOURNINES said:
sounds like you hit THE red line....buy the jsd mod :bigthumbsup:
HUH ? WTF did that come from ?

I've been thinking recently that my bike is running worse around 2500 then it did before (slugish, more vibration). I thought it might be a tank of bad gas and have run 3 or more tanks through it since then but it still seems different. Dealer checked it out, called Suzuki and the Tech on the phone said "yep, it does that, don't drive it below 3,200 rpm"

Something is different but for now I'll drive it till they figure out whats going on or it breaks.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I've had somthing simular happen a couple a times when I dont quite get it into the next higher gear it seems to only run on 1 cylinder untill I up shift or down shift?

·
Registered
775 Posts
that happens , squirrel; each gear is designed for a certain reaction in certain conditions. you gotta learn to work the torque; not necessarily what the tach says.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts