M109 Rider Forums banner

Alarm it?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  athlon770 
#1 ·
Hey guys just need some advice. My baby will be coming home soon and I want to put an alarm on and wanted some thoughts on a keyless alarm. Anybody has one what they think?

Also from the search feature I've looked at some different one's mentioned in threads like Scorpio and such so should I go cheap 75 to 100 or the keyless one for 400. They say you get what you pay for and I know if somebody really wanted to steal it they would..so just looking for some advice....

Also found this one on craigslist in my area too:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/1692279978.html

The keyless one for 399:

http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/keyless.html

#5 ·
Sweet Deal for $75

Man, that is a sweet deal. Not only are you getting one of, if not, the top of the line alarm system Scorpio has to offer...you are getting it at an unbelievable price. I have the Scorpio IS-500, and it is great. You can't beat the deal you have in front of you for the quality and price.

Make sure when you install the alarm you place the module itself on a flat surface on the bike with the back of the alarm facing down on the surface you plan to mount it to. (One of the biggest challenges is finding good place on the M109 to mount or place the module) It is very, very accurate when placed in the flat horizontal position. If you mount it sideways somewhere on the bike, it will not be as responsive to shock/movement of the bike, which defeats the purpose of having an alarm. I know for sure from trial and error. I ended up having to call the Scorpio Technical Support line to get clarification on that. When I changed the position of the module itself, it was extremely responsive, and I love it.

Good luck.

#6 ·
Man, that is a sweet deal. Not only are you getting one of, if not, the top of the line alarm system Scorpio has to offer...you are getting it at an unbelievable price. I have the Scorpio IS-500, and it is great. You can't beat the deal you have in front of you for the quality and price.

Make sure when you install the alarm you place the module itself on a flat surface on the bike with the back of the alarm facing down on the surface you plan to mount it to. (One of the biggest challenges is finding good place on the M109 to mount or place the module) It is very, very accurate when placed in the flat horizontal position. If you mount it sideways somewhere on the bike, it will not be as responsive to shock/movement of the bike, which defeats the purpose of having an alarm. I know for sure from trial and error. I ended up having to call the Scorpio Technical Support line to get clarification on that. When I changed the position of the module itself, it was extremely responsive, and I love it.

Good luck.
So where exactly did you end of placing it horizontal?

And not to confuse but the scorpio is 379, the one on craigslist is not a scorpio its a Huatai HT-2005A. but for 75 dollars not a bad deal, but I don't mind paying to get the better product and I personally don't know anything about Huatai, everybody seems to like the Scorpio though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.