M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, short notice provided more fun than should have been possible. :bigthumbsup:

I had already set up a trip to the Steele, AL dragstrip (Alabama International Dragway) with a couple friends I had previously ridden with from another board. Another rider I had met once or twice from this board (ridehard) PM'd me and asked if I was up for a dragstrip trip. Told him the plans already in place...and he said he'd meet me along the way.

I met him (Teric) & his dad (Charles) first. His dad rides a sweet looking red Victory, ridehard is on the infamous M109R. Picked up our next rider (Bo) about 15 miles down the road, on a 2005 S50 Boulevard (same bike as mine...but newer). Then we met the final rider (was gonna be two more...but one had to bail) about another 30 minutes later. Johnny rides a VS800 like I do, but his is much older (1988?) and Johnny had his son, Tyler (9?) riding as copilot. :)

Anyways, we had a great time. I learned one important thing..thanks to Bo....I need to lose weight. :) He rides virtually the same bike and has me by about 2.6s in the 1/8 and .3 in the 1/4.

His (whatever) run vs. my best run of the day:
           him    me
reaction:Â Â Â 1.038Â Â Â 0.788
60'Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1.900Â Â Â 1.933
330'Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 5.408Â Â Â 5.599
1/8 et     8.536   8.798
mph       77.08   76.25
1/4 et     13.807  14.140
mph       89.52   89.31

The 8.798 is my fastest time in the 1/8...and the 14.14, so I can't complain....other than my weight. :)

Bo's running the exact same bike...no carb/air filter work, but he has shorty pipes (12" long?) and stock gas tank, no saddle bags. His bike is a 2005 or 2006.....not sure which. Mine's got long straight pipes and no carb/air filter work. I've got a custom gas tank....and not judging the gas required to get there, I was running with 4 gallons (more than his stock tank even holds (3.2). :)

I also have saddle bags, one of which was full. Bo weighs 175 pounds, I weigh 235 pounds. I can't complain. :doorag:

Anyways, here's the pics...and one vid:
http://www.stinkandsmell.com/2006-11-05

Movie will be longer to download on my slow cable....and it's got Teric in the far lane....he redlighted and was waiting for the light to turn green before he finally took off, heheheh.Â

·
Registered
93 Posts
:bigthumbsup: That did not take long i just got home... anyway thanks for posting the pics... i had a blast

my best time on M109R

R/T 1.122
60' 2.034
330 5.336
1/8 8.104
mph 88.29
1/4 12.673
mph 104.57

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to have done so....I have the larger version if you'd like 'em emailed. Just let me know your email (if not in profile) and if you want them sent. I'll send the few of you & your dad.

Looking forward to the next ride.

Roger

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Allright you Alabama guys,,,,, Nice to see y'all on here. I live in Gadsden, 9 miles down the road from Steele and have spent numerous Friday nights at that strip. If y'all don't mind a 109 rider tagging along with y'all, Hit me up at (256) 490-4461 (Brian) or at [email protected] or on here. Some of my riding buddies and myself come up to the Huntsville area to visit the Hooters, that we don't have around here in Gadsden.....I wish I had known y'all was coming to Steele, I would've been there in about 7 minutes.... Later, Brian.

·
Registered
158 Posts
nice job :D keep posting the speeds as you get them :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Was gonna hit the HSV dragstrip Sunday..but they've got some "Turkey Day" race weekend thing going and I don't believe they're doing a test & tune. Got my new clutch in 2 weeks ago and am dying to see if it helps me any. :super:

Oh, btw, I did notice that I beat ridehard on his M109R....errrr, well okay, but only for 60 feet, LOL, So, Teric, any time you want to race 60 feet at a time, I'll take you on.

SilverRocket: wife told me to 'get outta the house' tomorrow, so looks like I'll try & meet up with you folks heading to Lynchburg. I'm fairly sure you're meaning to hook up on highway 65 (not I-65..). I'm not completely sure though. :)

So...guess I'll wait for y'all somewhere on highway 72 after it y'all hit it from 231/431 North.

wild-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts