M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GONNA be removing my air boxes can anyone give me a heads up on what to expect wanna get my covers cut cutout:dontknow:

·
Registered
392 Posts
wanna get my covers cut cutout:dontknow:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Not sure what that means, are you getting a Ducks cover job done? If you are doing it yourself there is the "Tony mod" and the "Goldwing mod." Good luck and post pics. I'm sure some guys that have done it will chime in with advice.

·
Registered
655 Posts
there pretty easy to remove. Just make sure you get the rubber boots back on all the way when you go to reinstall them. I had one boot slip off a few days after reinstalling mine. Don't want to let a bunch of dirty air into the motor.

If you are going to cut them your self then just go slow and tape the entire chrome cover with masking tape. Draw the design onto it. I cut mine with a dremel tool with the round spiral bit that looks like a drill bit but is for cutting. Take your time, go slow and leave room to clean up the lines with a small file and sand paper. With a steady hand you can do a good job. After all it is just plastic.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
on the brake side they have a small spacer don't lose it I lost mine the first time I removed them.two allen screws on each side and a hose in the back you have to slide the clamp back, just pinch the clamp and slide.I find it easier to remove the tank and remove the covers at the air box under tank then removing them at the covers way easier to put back on IMO.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
on the brake side they have a small spacer don't lose it I lost mine the first time I removed them.two allen screws on each side and a hose in the back you have to slide the clamp back, just pinch the clamp and slide.I find it easier to remove the tank and remove the covers at the air box under tank then removing them at the covers way easier to put back on IMO.
I believe that the spacer is on the left side airbox not the right. I find it much easier to pull it out without taking the tank off. Just remove the two screws on each side, pull the airbox off the rubber grommet and loosen the little screw for the clamp, pinch the retaining ring for the hose and pull, then gently pull the box. It sounds complicated than it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts