M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The airbox uses a seperate chamber for ea. cylinder, would it help any to cut out an opening between the two so there would be equal pressure? Any thoughts? ::) ::) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
696 Posts
RLS said:
The airbox uses a separate chamber for ea. cylinder, would it help any to cut out an opening between the two so there would be equal pressure? Any thoughts? ::) ::) :bigthumbsup:
the pressure is already equal... the intakes are at the same altitude... and the cylinders are the same volume.......the tps and the ecu talk to each other....mjm

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would think you would disturb the air more by cutting between the two. Most 4-cylinder bikes get velocity stacks on the intakes to "funnel or organize " the air flowing into the carbs. Having two streams of air hitting each other might mess up things a bit. Just my guess, but hey it's your bike.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
montoya32 said:
I would think you would disturb the air more by cutting between the two. Most 4-cylinder bikes get velocity stacks on the intakes to "funnel or organize " the air flowing into the carbs. Having two streams of air hitting each other might mess up things a bit. Just my guess, but hey it's your bike.
I think you hit it on the head! Good fuel injection has separate intake runners for each cylinder and many are tuned by having them equal length.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK !! Let me slide over her in this corner where no one will see me. :redfaced: I won't be asking that again. At least now I know. :bigthumbsup:

Bob

·
Registered
696 Posts
RLS said:
OK !! Let me slide over her in this corner where no one will see me. :redfaced: I won't be asking that again. At least now I know. :bigthumbsup:

Bob
hey it's all good... no dumb questions.. just dumb answers...you were just thinking outside the "airbox"....mjm

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, if it was a carb, you would be putting a choke on it and cause it to run real rich. Since I know nothing about FI, I would be quessing. Do the sensors pick up that there is no air and stop the FI ? I am always ready to learn :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmmm, then it does the same as a carb and loses power from running rich? I'm getting hungry watching everyone munch away on here! :p :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
844 Posts
With the 109 the driver's entire left arm gets sucked into the cylinder -- hurts like [email protected]##*T!!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The moral of this is I did not look close enough I guess to see that they are connected. While I had it off, it looked to me that they were seperate chambers. :eek: :read:
Thanks for taken the time to enlighten little grasshooper :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

Bob

·
Registered
665 Posts
Right on J R! You don't want to bend it, just STUFF it DOWN into the engine! :bigthumbsup:Â

1 - 15 of 15 Posts