M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone.
Fitted my PCV and now I cannot for the life of me get the airbox to fit been at it for over an hour and a half does anybody have a good tip to get that thing back in place.
Thanks Mark.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I do not think a good tip is out there as I have never seen a way to do it easily.

Just make sure you lube the seals so when you finally do get it all lined up, it slides right together.

I have had it drop on the first try and I have fought with it for an hour.

You just need to get it lined up just right.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks for info
I have not tried it with lube will put a bit of silicon grease on and try it in the morning I am sure they built the bike around the airbox.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Actually this bike is shrink-fit around everything.
Honestly, if I ever have to remove the inner portion of the aribox, I am just going to replace it with two K & N clamp-on filters and call it a day.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
Stand across the bike, place the box on the rear injector first, pull back firmly, then lower it onto the front injector. It will work the same if you push it forward, then lower the back, but I can pull easier than I can push.

I use a little dish soap on mine so it will go on easier but you have to do it more quickly. I didn't want to use an actual lube and have it slip off later.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At Last

Went at that box again this morning and after a lot of swearing and pushing I got it on never again I would not force this job on my worst enemy.
Thanks again
Mark

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Went at that box again this morning and after a lot of swearing and pushing I got it on never again I would not force this job on my worst enemy.
Thanks again
Mark
Glad you got it on, bro. Where there is a will, there is a way! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Thanks again
Mark
Good job. Honestly, if you put a little silicone, wd40 or dish soap like Zoom, it will slide right on. You just need to make sure you dont' get the lip folding under as you do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts