M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought you New England guys might find this interesting- there's gonna be a huge air show this weekend at Barnes Air National Guard Base. it coincides with the 104th Fighter Wing's Open House. Featured performers are the Thunderbirds, and the U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute team. Admission is free, with a parking donation requested. Aerials begin at 9:30 and run until 4:30 with 30 performers and 60 static aircraft on the ground. The weather looks great, so this should be an excellent time! I know some of you were planning on going to OCC, but we've done that again and again, and this air show looks awesome! So change your plans and ride with us!! :D

For more info go to www.westfieldairshow.net

·
Registered
539 Posts
This Saturday and Sunday. I live next to Barnes. This show rotates between Barnes and Westover in Chicopee. It's always a great show. Opa Opa is very close to Barnes. Great outdoor seating.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far the only plan I have is to see some planes!! :D

Seriously, nothing is carved in stone yet. What I do know is I'm going on Saturday. I'm thinking along the lines of leaving my house around 7:30, meeting LTT around 8:30, and then taking Rt 7 up to I-90 and then across to Barnes. Yeah, taking I-84 to I-91 would be waaay faster, but sooo boring (hate the hiway!). But like I said, nothing's carved in stone. Actually, since Punisher lives right there, maybe he can pick a meeting spot to gather and then all roll in together. As for a time- I dunno, it starts at 9:30, so we can shoot for something mid-morning like 10ish. So Mr. P- where ya wanna meet? :D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
NIce!
Haywud, after talking to other people we decide that OCC ride still up.
I guess you are riding all the way here for the same reason we are riding all the way to NY...to have a nice long ride!!
This show is so close to me that my engine will be still be cold by time I arrive!:joke:
If you change your mind let us know otherwise have fun and ride safe!

Let's Roll!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts