M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question mulling about in my mind.

Anyone know the pro/cons of using either shifter?

I know the electric shifters allow you to shift up or down (Come with two buttons) . That seems to be a neat feature the air shifters lack. I also know the electric shifters are more expensive.

If you use an electric shifter where do you mount the buttons?

How easy is it to modify your flasher button to be used for an air shifter (Like to keep my horn)?

Hal, Lamonster are you guys going to list electric/air shifters? :dontknow: :tools: :doorag:

G

·
i have seen to many promblems w/the elec shifters + big & bulky. go with the air shifter w/ an on board air compressor that is what i use on my mean streak & am getting the same set up installed on the 109 i have a small toggle switch hooked up with the horn button one way air shifter other way horn works also have a small push button to fill the air bottle easy set up works great both are mounted to a small alum plate held on by the mirror stem

G

·
i only race the mean streak at the track but i use it all the time  even on the return road  or going to the staging lanes. I also run a regulator on it 130 lbs. of consistent pressure every shift

1 - 7 of 7 Posts