M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from the benefit of it being easy to raise and lower the ride height of the bike.

What are the other advantages of an air ride?

Does it have a much softer and more comfortable ride?

Does it need to be purged of moisture from time to time? (i.e. if you are constantly pumping it up and releasing it every other day)

Is there any regular maintenance that needs to be performed to it?

thanks

Chad

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks, I know it's a relatively new mod, I just want to make sure it's the right mod for my riding style. . .

I'm grinding my pegs so much now around corners, that I kind of miss my ZX-12R :(

and I don't want to start dragging my Cobra slashdowns if I slam the suspension.... :dontknow:

I

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
That does look good :bigthumbsup:

Jason z Had a picture of one that was SLAMMMMMMED !!!! but it didn't have the air it was ridged nothing at all.you could search for the topic it had a nice picture of a black 109 slammed . topic was and wrote just like this SLAMMMMMMED!!!!

I was wondering about the ride myself,I know the ride in the heavy equipment i run is real nice , the sets are air ride :D you wouldn't make it all day with out it.

This is Lamonsters area :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have had one for 2 weeks and I love the ride! You just have to get use to adjusting it if your looking for comfort. I just don't like freeway speeds with it slammed. Its a decent price seeing the universal kits I have seen run close to $1500.00. I just wish the remote unit I had seen on another site was included. I can just see their faces when you slam it from a distance :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
386 Posts
The "Cool factor" is great to have ut I also want to know the ride quality. A lot of the fun rides I go on across the sierra has the pegs grinding too frequently and takes away from the pleasure when you are not expecting it!!
How does the bike handle with it all the way up to give max clearance? Does it stiffen as it gets higher or is the feel the same and the height is just changed?
When parked in the slammed position does it still sit OK on the stand?

Is there anything that can be done to the front forks as they feel really soft?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Well, to lower the bike, you got two choices. You can do like I did, and buy the cheaper lowering bones or do like Lamont did and buy the air ride. You seem concerned about the possibility of having to change your riding style. If that's the case, then you should realize that the lowering bones will end up changing your riding style more than the air ride. If you are agressive in the twisties and scrape your pegs often, then you are gonna have to ease off some with the bones installed, 'cause the pegs are gonna touch down even quicker. With the air ride, you can actually raise the bike higher than stock height, which will allow you to be even more agressive in the twisties before the pegs touch. The ride is also a bit stiffer with the lowering bones. With the air ride, as I understand it, you can adjust the stiffness to your liking. If you have the money, I would suggest you go with the air ride and get the best of both worlds. .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts