M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my air ride on and there still needs to be some adjustment in the length of the shock. I think I'm going to have them make it just a little longer than stock so if you want to run the twisties hard you can pump up the ground clearance higher than stock so you won't drag so much. :bigthumbsup: You will still be able to slam it down when you're parked or adjust your ride anywhere in between. Here's the pics. :doorag:

All the way up.

All the way down.

This is where I will most likely ride it. :doorag:

Slammed from the back.

Where I will ride from the back.

Now all I need is a Big ol Fat 280 on the back and my airbox. :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks very nice. Did you get a different set of bars? And if so, what did you get?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rice Burner said:
Looks very nice. Did you get a different set of bars? And if so, what did you get?
I used the CP Punisher bars but they were not made for the 109 so they were a pain to install. :confused:

·
Registered
343 Posts
That really looks good. I hope that your air ride isn't a Tricky Air Kit. I had one on Ol' Yeller from Tricky and the thing kept leaking. The warranty was only for one year and sure enough that's how long it lasted. The air would leak out after only a few miles and before I knew it I was riding a custom rigid hardtail. After hitting a couple of nice Montgomery County potholes I changed it out to a stock shock with a lowering kit. That was two years ago and my lower-back still reminds me of that Tricky Air shock every once in a while. By the way, it would have cost me another eight bills to replace the shock every year or two. Don't get me wrong, there's no cooler look on your bike than to pull up somewhere and hit the release button and drop that sucka but, for me, it ain't worth the back pain or the replacement out of pocket cashola.
2 cents!

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OYChoppa said:
That really looks good. I hope that your air ride isn't a Tricky Air Kit. I had one on Ol' Yeller from Tricky and the thing kept leaking. The warranty was only for one year and sure enough that's how long it lasted. The air would leak out after only a few miles and before I knew it I was riding a custom rigid hardtail. After hitting a couple of nice Montgomery County potholes I changed it out to a stock shock with a lowering kit. That was two years ago and my lower-back still reminds me of that Tricky Air shock every once in a while. By the way, it would have cost me another eight bills to replace the shock every year or two. Don't get me wrong, there's no cooler look on your bike than to pull up somewhere and hit the release button and drop that sucka but, for me, it ain't worth the back pain or the replacement out of pocket cashola.
2 cents!
These are the Kewlmetal Bleed Feed. This has air on both side of the shock and are not a food processing shock, these are made for a motorcycle. We had Tricky Air on our VTX chopper and had a lot of problems with leaks. ::)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good!!! I still have all the components to my Tricky Air Kit, let me know how your KBF holds up. Maybe I'll repalce my stocker with something more reliable. I sure do miss the slammed look on Ol' Yeller.
Nice pic too! Are you sure you couldn't squeeze a little more chrome on that bike? Man, in person I would need a welders mask to look at it. Now that's bright! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Lamonster said:
These are the Kewlmetal Bleed Feed. This has air on both side of the shock and are not a food processing shock, these are made for a motorcycle. We had Tricky Air on our VTX chopper and had a lot of problems with leaks. ::)

It looks like the VTX has two small shocks on the outside of the rear fender. My Roadie has one big mono-shock up under the frame. I'll bet you did have problems with those. They are food processor sized. Doesn't matter though, a leaking shock is still a leaking shock and still a pain in the butt to deal with. thanks for the info. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
well i like so far. how does it handle? smoother than stock shock? :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Is this something that will be for sale thru Directline in the near future? Any idea what kinda price?

If so, on a scale of 1-10 (1 be easy 10 being hard) how difficult was the install?

I'm digging the look.....

Thank you

Da Dough

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jerbear said:
How's the air box coming?
It's done, just waiting for it to get back from the powdercoaters. ::)

ppridgen1 said:
How did you use the stand when it is slammed? or does it frame out and rest on the ground?
It sit's up a bit but if you're on flat ground you will be fine. :doorag:

DoughBoy said:
Is this something that will be for sale thru Directline in the near future? Any idea what kinda price?

If so, on a scale of 1-10 (1 be easy 10 being hard) how difficult was the install?

I'm digging the look.....

Thank you

Da Dough
Yes, this will be for sale in the DL store. I'm hoping it will come in under a grand but I don't know for sure right now. ::)
The install was a piece of cake. I would rather install this air shock than the bars I put on. :confused: I would say it's about a 6.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
damn that's nice. can't wait to see it with that 280 fillin up the back.

·
Registered
84 Posts
OYChoppa said:
Good!!! I still have all the components to my Tricky Air Kit, let me know how your KBF holds up. Maybe I'll repalce my stocker with something more reliable. I sure do miss the slammed look on Ol' Yeller.
Nice pic too! Are you sure you couldn't squeeze a little more chrome on that bike? Man, in person I would need a welders mask to look at it. Now that's bright! :bigthumbsup:
Speakin' of bright...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts