M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully one day I will be done changing things on the Bike, but every day there's something else I want to do. Hopefully this winter I'll get the Paint and the Wheels done. I like the way the decals look on the Bike, but I want something a bit more wild. As far as mods, I have a JSD-3 (new edition), Cobra Dragsters (with Baffles in, and still very loud), Cobra FI 2000, Kury Flame grips, Golf club mirrors, the billet cover plate, removed all reflectors badges and rear plastic, removed rear signal lights and replaced with a license plate that had the blinkers and brake lights in one cool looking piece, added some chrome to the radiator cover (thanks to some automotive door and fender molding, it actually looks the part) changed front signal lights (to something smaller and nicer), Kury rear brake cover, Intake plate with a Kury Twin Velocity Plus kit (chopped up to fit, I had to take a metal cutting saw to it, and remove some pieces off the rear of the cover, not easy to do since they cost $250 a piece, and once you cut there's no going back) but I liked the way these Air kits looked, so I took a chance, and I'm very happy with the outcome. I like the way that the V shape of the Air cleaners compliment the V twin of the bike. So here it is, I would like to know what you guys think. 8)
WWW.FRAPPR.COM/AMERRAED

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I finally found my mirrors!!! Man I love those. Where did you get them? Oh, that airbox looks pretty good on the DLP back plate too. The bottom 2 pics... that's with the stock intake right?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 pics are before the Air kit, but I just wanted to show the decal kit on the tank and fender, and yes the air kit is done on both sides, I'll post a pic from the other side. The mirrors I got from Tejasthumpcycles.com but be careful, since they always seem to send something scratched (but they do replace it, I ordered once before and I had to return it due to some damage also) I'm sure you can find these mirrors in many other catalogs and websites. JP Cycles I think has them. good luck.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
AMERRAED said:
2 pics are before the Air kit, but I just wanted to show the decal kit on the tank and fender, and yes the air kit is done on both sides, I'll post a pic from the other side. The mirrors I got from Tejasthumpcycles.com but be careful, since they always seem to send something scratched (but they do replace it, I ordered once before and I had to return it due to some damage also) I'm sure you can find these mirrors in many other catalogs and websites. JP Cycles I think has them. good luck.
Your bike looks great :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: What did you use on your radiator grill?? Is that chrome door edge guard??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it is, belive me when I tell you that it looks like its meant to be that way, I doesn't look cheap, but it is, and it gives it a finished look. I saw a chrome cover on ebay for $168 mine cost just $6.95 and I have molding left over just in case some of it gets damaged, (but I've had it on all Summer and it still looks good) So I'll use the extra $161 for something else.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Those Kury V looks good :bigthumbsup:, maybe slamming it and some wheel treatment will enhance it a little more, good job :super:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
AMERRAED said:
Yes it is, belive me when I tell you that it looks like its meant to be that way, I doesn't look cheap, but it is, and it gives it a finished look. I saw a chrome cover on ebay for $168 mine cost just $6.95 and I have molding left over just in case some of it gets damaged, (but I've had it on all Summer and it still looks good) So I'll use the extra $161 for something else.
Good idea! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looks awesome...Is there any way to do away with the black attachments behind the filters or maybe trim them so they're not so profound?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Your bike looks AWESOME :bigthumbsup: It looks like your front rim is damaged in the first and second pic. All the way at the bottom on the right hand side. :eek: Or is it just the pic

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Alien109 said:
Your bike looks AWESOMEÂ :bigthumbsup: It looks like your front rim is damaged in the first and second pic. All the way at the bottom on the right hand side. :eek: Or is it just the pic
Dang, you're right....

pizzmor said:
Yeah it does look like a flat spot in the rim, but is probably a pixellation issue with a low resolution picture.
I might think that if the pics were both from the same spot, if it wasn't seen from two different angles. The fact that the deformity is present in both angles, and that the deformity looks the same kinda rules out the resolution/pixellation theory.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, both rims (front and rear) are dented on the right side from a pot hole. Thats why I'm sending them out in a couple of weeks to get repaired and chromed. There's a small vibration at high speed but otherwise you don't notice it much (only visually). :(

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Best air-cleaners I've seen!Will SOME enterprising co. please make complete, bolt-on kit with these cool, perfect lookin' covers. I Think alot of us would be willing to reasonably pony-up for a good quality bolt-on!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Very nice.  :bigthumbsup:

I also used the chrome door moulding on my radiator, but I only did the horizontal bars. Now that I've seen how good yours looks though, I think I'm going to use some of my leftover pieces to do the verticals. I also used that stuff on my tank seam.

Where did you get the custom graphics?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
zookmon said:
Best air-cleaners I've seen!Will SOME enterprising co. please make complete, bolt-on kit with these cool, perfect lookin' covers. I Think alot of us would be willing to reasonably pony-up for a good quality bolt-on!
You would definitely be ponying up some dough... since the covers alone are over $200 each according to AMERRAED. You mention a quality bolt on... have you seen DLPs Big Air? That is a direct bolt-on kit that is nothing but high quality. Of course it isn't gonna let you use these covers. The issue with our bikes is you got two sides to do, and if you don't want the back plate to be the rounded triangle, then that requires making an entirely new back plate... like Extreme Revolution has done with their air kit. That is gonna mean bigger bucks because each side is different on the back because of the radiator hose on the left side. It would be much cheaper to do if you could just make a single design and have it fit both sides, but that isn't the case on the 109.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That is one awesome looking machine!!! Good work!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Great work ! Everything looks good .... I purchased those same mirrors on Ebay for 37.99 +14 shipping . One online store wanted 46.99 each + 8.00 shipping and didn't include mounting hardware which usually sells for 9.99 from Kury.

I'm tracking my shipment...I should have Tues.

Chrome dem wheels !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts