M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Currently I run the Holley air kit with K&N filters, PC3, TRE, and Raw Taz exhaust was wondering if I would get much performacne gain going with a Big Sucker, Big Air , or Forcewinder (or something like any of those mentioned) They all are pricey and was wondering if the cost is worth the gain?

·
Registered
128 Posts
All those kits still use the factory airbox , it was only engineered to pass a certain amount of air so me personally I would'nt waste the money.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,850 Posts
The Holley/Edelbrock tests as good as any of them. The only reason I would change is to get a different look.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all, I appreciate the responses. I had toyed with the idea of removing the airbox and slipping on a pair of K&N filters but it seemed the guys in the know were split as to gains and losses on that mod. It makes perfect sense that no matter what you put on the outside you will still be a slave to the airbox restrictions.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
That is not totally true. You can do the holley mod and then increase the air box flow. Make your holley back plate fit the factory bolts and cut out the rest. The box is gutted and flow is cleaned up to the hose. Plenum size is increased. The filters are a both sides of a 92 Camaro Z28s Fi .They will feed a 350 chevy. It should help your air feed without changing your Holley exterior.
Bob

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is not totally true. You can do the holley mod and then increase the air box flow. Make your holley back plate fit the factory bolts and cut out the rest. The box is gutted and flow is cleaned up to the hose. Plenum size is increased. The filters are a both sides of a 92 Camaro Z28s Fi .They will feed a 350 chevy. It should help your air feed without changing your Holley exterior.
Bob
I could do the same for the K&N filter I have in there now right?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Started to say no but. You could be creative inside your air box. Where I saw some places to increase flow was right before the air entered the upper hose. It has to make a pretty twisted turn to get to the pipe. That is why I gutted and basically ported the inside. Then I made a plate to mount the filters. But yeah you could do that and mount your K&N's to the existing plate if it covers the whole back part of the housing. As long as it is sealed and only flows from your holley then I see no reason why not.
Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts