M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ordered the adapter plates from DLP and someone got my attention with this statement.
"If the hole in the plate is smaller than the intake it may cause enough turbulence to effect the engine performance." Ok sounds good in theory, but does this really make sense? Any body have a similar issue? I would think that if the hole in the adapter plate was made larger, than this becomes a mute point.

G

·
These plates were designed to allow you to mount many other types of air intakes at a low cost. If you are going after max horsepower then you need something a little more sophisticated like our BIGAIR.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Or use a trusty dremel tool to open the hole up to the size of filter you're using. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand what your saying Hal. Thats why I started with these before I drop serious $ on some others. I just don't want to decrease my HP. Breaking even is fine with me, just not a drop in performance.

G

·
b said:
I understand what your saying Hal. Thats why I started with these before I drop serious $ on some others. I just don't want to decrease my HP. Breaking even is fine with me, just not a drop in performance.
But the size of the hole in the intake plate was chosen as that is what most of the Harley intakes are built like. Somewhere in the system you have to transition to a different size/shape if you want to change the intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts