M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning the muck and water spots off of my bike tonight after riding home in pouring rain and thunderstorms yesterday evening and noticed when I was cleaning right under the exhaust side air intake there was some kind of widget thing just laying there resting in a crevace. Not sure how long it has been there but I have been cleaning my bike about every other day so it couldn't have been for very long or I would have noticed sooner. No sign of the bolts that were holding it on so they must be long gone. I also wonder if some car has a cracked windshield somewhere because of the ejected bolt projectiles?

I have not ever taken the intake off and have just reached my first break-in so hadn't had a chance to tighten any bolts yet.

Here is a picture of the widget thingy: http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1192591&pid=1998471

It appears to belong to the bottom of the air intake. There are maybe three widgets similar to this holding the air intake on and this picture indicates where the part came from by a big arrow: http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1192591&pid=1998423

Does anyone have a clue where I can get replacement bolts to hook it back up? (dealer or suzuki direct)

It appears that the other bolts holding that air intake on are secure enough to continue driving the bike, is that wise? (it is my commuter bike)

-Tim

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
39 is inverted from my piece, I think 40 looks like closest as at the angle shown, the little tab is obstructed from view. Both 42 and 43 are very similar but their tabs turn at different angles.

Thanks, I had no idea this was already online.

Should something like this (part falling off of bike) be covered under the manufacturer warranty or will I have to pay the $12.95 for a new bolt or whatever the cost is with shipping and all?

G

·
I would think it is covered. You didn't mess with it did you? It just fell off on its own, right? Just don't let them download all the info from your black box until you get way out of break-in. :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah it is the bracket that holds the air box on. I took mine off so I went and looked at it out in my tool box...definitely air box bracket.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
dilbertian said:
39 is inverted from my piece, I think 40 looks like closest as at the angle shown, the little tab is obstructed from view. Both 42 and 43 are very similar but their tabs turn at different angles.

Thanks, I had no idea this was already online.

Should something like this (part falling off of bike) be covered under the manufacturer warranty or will I have to pay the $12.95 for a new bolt or whatever the cost is with shipping and all?
I put up whats called a "child board" the other day in the tech section. This is where I will keep "How to and step by step" post so they are easy to find. The link to the parts fiche is there too. 8)
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?board=8.0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts