M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a idea I am working on for air intakes. The blue tape is just protecting the chrome tube. I am thinking of putting lights inside the air box to light it up. The cover is 7/8" thick Lexan. I will post more pics when I get the air filter mounted. Comments and suggestions welcome. :evil::evil::evil::evil:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW 150 views and only 1 comment :dontknow::dontknow: Are they really that bad. :eek::eek: I understand they are not finished and all but NOBODY has any comments ? Don't worry you won't hurt my feelers :evil::evil::evil::evil:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
A friend of mine installs car stereos and such, and he had a 1 inch thick sheet of plexiglas sitting on top of his speakerbox. All the components sit on top of the plexi (amp, fuses, cross-overs, etc), and he drilled a shallow hole underneath each exposed component and inserted single blue LED's into the holes and sealed them with clear silicone. The whole back of his truck turns bright blue when he lights up the plexiglas. I don't know if that's the route you were planning, or if they were just going to light up behind the lexan. Either way, it should look bad ass. Maybe you could wire up some amber LED that flash with your turn signals. Just thinking outloud here.

-JOsh

·
Registered
643 Posts
WOW 150 views and only 1 comment :dontknow::dontknow: Are they really that bad. :eek::eek: I understand they are not finished and all but NOBODY has any comments ? Don't worry you won't hurt my feelers :evil::evil::evil::evil:
actually i think you shouldn't be allowed to do it!!!!

your bike is already too faq'n sweet and if you do any more cool stuff to it I am gonna have to send you my therapist bill I am gonna have for counseling on my inferiority complex

:bigthumbsup:

i think it would look good at night but that frosted lexan wont look nearly as nice in sunlight as your current set-up

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,146 Posts
I was going to say the same as Ryan, fasten it from the rear. When I made the intakes on mine I had to cut the pegs off that the screws go through so they are flush with the perimeter, then add some plastic dowels inside to hold the screws. But it let me mount them from the rear. When you cut it down like that I'm not sure if you would still need to modify pegs or not. Or you could just bore a recess in the back for the pegs to sit in.

I think it will look great. If you're good with an engraver you could make designs on the back that would show up when lit, or mount the LED's in the edges so it would appear lit from the edge but just a glow on the face. I've played around a lot with lexan rods and plates and it's interesting the way it conducts light.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
LOL I just saw it Bryan!!! I think they will look great, and lighting behind will be pretty cool as well. Man you always building something :bigthumbsup: look forward to the finished product.......

1 - 20 of 41 Posts