M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all I decided to add a air horn to wake up the cagers. Now I know most used the Stebel Nautilus. But here in canada we have a place Called Princess Auto and they carry this one:

http://www.princessauto.com/surplus...aneous-surplus/8335812-12v-dual-tone-air-horn

Its only a few db less then the Stebel and its fricken loud. It was only $29.99 bucks and well worth it. It comes with the relay too. Im very happy with it. So if your in Canada grab one. Funny thing is our local Yamaha/Suzuki shop carries the same horn but they sell it for $79.99:dontknow:.

As others have said its a great cheep saftey mod. And its fun. My next door neibour came over to see what I was doing and I had just finised hookin power to it. So for my test I hit the horn and he almost fell on his butt he jumped so high :eek:. The next words out of his mouth were how much and where can I get one for my bike.

Cant wait to wake up a sleeping cager with it.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Where did you mount it??? How about a pic or two. :))
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I have one

The stebel is like 138 DB's the Bad Boy is 119. Plenty loud enough for me, Some cager thought he was going to take my lane yesterday LOL The whole intersection woke up; when i blasted the ol guy. He woke up real fast as well.........

I paid $39 at harbor Freights.

edit,,,,,,,,, I mounted mine in the headlight bucket...........

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
Where did you mount it??? How about a pic or two. :))
Thanks for the heads up.
They are mounted in the headlight bucket and or under the right side cover. They sell them at the local Pep Boys from what I understand also. I have it listed in the Bang for the Bucks mod thread under safety. A link is in my signature.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
Hey all I decided to add a air horn to wake up the cagers. Now I know most used the Stebel Nautilus. But here in canada we have a place Called Princess Auto and they carry this one:

http://www.princessauto.com/surplus...aneous-surplus/8335812-12v-dual-tone-air-horn

Its only a few db less then the Stebel and its fricken louad. It was only $29.99 bucks and well worth it. It comes with the relay too. Im very happy with it. So if your in Canada grab one. Funny thing is our local Yamaha/Suzuki shop carries the same horn but they sell it for $79.99:dontknow:.

As others have said its a great cheep saftey mod. And its fun. My next door neibour came over to see what I was doing and I had just finised hookin power to it. So for my test I hit the horn and he almost fell on his butt he jumped so high :eek:. The next words out of his mouth were how much and where can I get one for my bike.

Did you keep your stock horn in the loop?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you keep your stock horn in the loop?
I mounted it directly to my battery box in the right side panel. it fits perfect to the corner of the box. The horn comes with thick a plastic spacer. I ground it to fit the curve of the corner of the battery box. Takes just a few mins to do all the wireing right in the box. Then I ran 2 wires to my stock horn under the tank. I was able to remove the stock wire blades from the clip. I then sodered the wires to the top of the stock blades on the existing wires. Then slid them back into the plastic clip and pressed it back on my stock horn. Then just for fun I used liquid tape to cover and seal all exposed wire ends and the relay.

I will take some pics as stupid me forgot to tighten a bolt:doh: and have to go back in anyway.

Oh and I went to my buddies house and he has the Steble horn on his hog. We blasted and honestly nither of us could tell the diff in loudness. They sound the same:dontknow:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a buddy up there in Canada...he has a horn from Princess, his works exactly the same as the steeble...the only difference is it keeps sayin "Eh" after it honks and the after the idiot cager passes it says 'What a hoser!".:hot:
It's pretty funny watching everyone looking "Aboat".

Looking forward to your pics man!

·
Registered
709 Posts

Its only a few db less then the Stebel and its fricken louad. It was only $29.99 bucks and well worth it. It comes with the relay too. Im very happy with it. So if your in Canada grab one. Funny thing is our local Yamaha/Suzuki shop carries the same horn but they sell it for $79.99:dontknow:.

Hey DJM, how were the install instructions?....I'm not very electrically gifted if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
709 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
709 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just editing the photos will post them in a sec.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Here are my crappy photos of the mount. The only thing I did not show is the rounded plastic mount spacer that fits the curve of the battery box. And the 2 wires i ran under the tank to the factory horn wires. And your done.

Hope this helps.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When you say battery box, you certainly don't mean under the seat do you????

Signed, technologically challenged person riding the short bus :-[
Yes under the seat on the right side. if you look at the photo you will see the red positive terminal of the battery in the bottom right corner.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts