M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I cant find in the seach ocean my answer.

Now that I have a gutted stock pipe (cat/set still there) and a cutout in my dome (with med. fine wire mesh) and riding around 200 feet sea level do I need to worry about fuel managent imediatley or make it a project for this Spring?
I mean should I park the bike untill the mod?

·
Registered
561 Posts
LOL...Bro...It is spring.
And yes you need to get a plan going for fuel managment.

Jeff / Foo

·
Radio Active Member
27,682 Posts
If you modify both air and exhaust, yes you need a fuel management. If you just did one, then you should be fine.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
How much did you gut the exhaust? If you left at least one baffle in it you will probably be OK. And if you still have the stock filters in it you're just flowing colder air now, not more of it.

Sounds to me like you'll be OK for now, but a fuel manager always helps even on a stock bike.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much did you gut the exhaust? If you left at least one baffle in it you will probably be OK. And if you still have the stock filters in it you're just flowing colder air now, not more of it.

Sounds to me like you'll be OK for now, but a fuel manager always helps even on a stock bike.
I believe all baffles are out and I have K&Ns in. I just ordered a fuel management doohicky

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
With all the baffles out and K&N's in, you definitely need a fuel manager. Take it easy riding it until you get yours installed.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With all the baffles out and K&N's in, you definitely need a fuel manager. Take it easy riding it until you get yours installed.
I shall take it easy. So should I be most concerned about heat/ riding hard?
I will just cruise to work. Rain is coming her in the Northwest so I will probably have my FM by next riding time.
Thank You Guys!

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
I finally got my bike back together with my velocity pros, K&N's, and the FI2000R. WOW the new power I now have in the bike is unreal! I will 100% say get the FI2000R. WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally got my bike back together with my velocity pros, K&N's, and the FI2000R. WOW the new power I now have in the bike is unreal! I will 100% say get the FI2000R. WELL WORTH THE MONEY.
Thank you thats what I just ordered!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Ride it?

You can ride it as is, at least I did mine, but after you see how it runs with the FI2000R installed, I'll bet you do as I did and wonder why you waited to get one. It's smoother, pulls harder, and has much better low low end torque. The first time you take off from a stop sign, around a corner, you'll see what I mean. No more slipping the clutch halfway around the corner, just let it out and go. This is how it should run from the factory. The guys who designed the motor must have cried after they saw what the "emissions boys" did to their design.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts