M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
$$$$$

Man, it looks like the bolt on and go ones are pricey!
DIY mod will be my ticket, I'm a poor C109 rider.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Man, it looks like the bolt on and go ones are pricey!
DIY mod will be my ticket, I'm a poor C109 rider.
damn pricey for sure! and i wonder if any of the THUNDER kits actually fit the C

·
Registered
114 Posts
They claim they will. I put one on my Vol, and had no problems. Others I know have used them, and have said nothing about problems, either. However, I did need a mounting adapter, and I see none listed for the C. I also see none listed for the M, and there are plenty of pics on this forum with Thunder kits on M's. I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
They do fit...

damn pricey for sure! and i wonder if any of the THUNDER kits actually fit the C
Yes, they will fit the C. I have these for mine and get many compliments. They look a lot better than those plastic things that came with the bike.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yes, they will fit the C. I have these for mine and get many compliments. They look a lot better than those plastic things that came with the bike.
glad they worked for you those definitely are some sweet looking aircleaners

I dont understand why Suzuki thought the big ridge running down the plastichrome airbox covers was the way to go. I personally would have liked them flatter ,if not just plain flat for a smoother look, not to mention them digging in my calf when i try and squeeze the tank with my knees :mad:

·
Registered
623 Posts
I will have to admit they do look good but $700.00 for a air filter system is way outside what I can or would do. To many mods out there for the M not to copy one and make it work for our bikes. Just call me tight!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree bossmav!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I could not get the thunder page to load, what gives?

·
Registered
415 Posts
.....not to mention them digging in my calf when i try and squeeze the tank with my knees :mad:
The Stealth Intakes are 1" closer to the motor on each side than the stock ones. More leg squeezing room!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm going to break my piggy bank this month and buy the teardrop kit from Thunder. I've got a thunder Hurricane on my VTX1800 and I like it. Awesome look and you can hear it sucking air.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like them both. C109 is much more comfortable and is geared much higher. Vtx is fun because you can spin the tire or do a wheelie just by twisting the throttle in 1st. C109 would run away from the vtx on top end. I wanted the C109 for a couple of years until I ran across a deal too good to refuse. A supervisor at work bought an M109 when they first came out and I really liked it. I could see that Suzuki made one heck of a motor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts