M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at the air filters and do not see how to remove them... It's should be really easy but I DO NOT want
to brake any thing. HELP me please!!!(I lost my owners book)

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
svollmer78 said:
I have looked at the air filters and do not see how to remove them... It's should be really easy but I DO NOT want
to brake any thing. HELP me please!!!(I lost my owners book)
Remove the plastic Chrome covers at the top of each of the Cylinders (2 on each side of the bike).
This will allow you to get to the hose clamp/screw that holds the air cleaner onto the rubber boot that feeds the Airbox. The covers just pull off straight towards you as your kneeled in front of the engine (there are no screws holding them). The left hand side of the bike is easy to pull the covers, however on the right hand side you need to unscrew the Rear Brake Fluid reservoir bracket and move it down out of the way to remove the right hand FRONT cover without scratching it.

Once you have done this then just remove the 3 allen bolts in each of the air filters and the boxes will come right off. (Sorry no pics, but I am at work now).

Good luck. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
M109 Widow said:
yes ,don't pull the valve cover chrome,just take out the screws on the retaining tabs and hold the uper tube an wiggle while pulling down.Then remove the pair system tube and you'll have it off. Then on the rear there are several phillips screws that have to be removed to seperate the chrome part from the plastic part and the air filter is inside of there
The hose clamp screw that bolts the stock air cleaners to the tube that runs up into the Airbox cannot be loosened with those plastic chrome covers on... yes you can wiggle and yank it free but I dont really see a point as those covers are all of 2 seconds to take off...

Unless I am misunderstanding you... :dontknow:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help!!!!! I think I'm going to do the ramair filter mod I saw on an other post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts