M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Xtreme Revolution UltrFlow Airkit about a year ago and thought that everything was tight and secure. The other day I was tinkering with the 9 and found the OEM clamps were loose, attempted to tighten the clamps but found out that when completly tightend they were still loose.

I wanted to get aftermarket clamps, so I mesured the clamps and they are both about the same size, (oblong) 5/16" band width, 3 1/2" long and 2 1/2" wide. I have looked everywhere and belive me there is no aftermarket 5/16" band width aftermarket clamp to be found in the size that I need.

If anyone else have ran across this problem, please let me know what the solution is, it would be greatly appreciated.

G

·
I installed the Xtreme Revolution UltrFlow Airkit about a year ago and thought that everything was tight and secure. The other day I was tinkering with the 9 and found the OEM clamps were loose, attempted to tighten the clamps but found out that when completly tightend they were still loose.

I wanted to get aftermarket clamps, so I mesured the clamps and they are both about the same size, (oblong) 5/16" band width, 3 1/2" long and 2 1/2" wide. I have looked everywhere and belive me there is no aftermarket 5/16" band width aftermarket clamp to be found in the size that I need.

If anyone else have ran across this problem, please let me know what the solution is, it would be greatly appreciated.
Buy stock suz?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,036 Posts
Throw the stock clamps away and use 14" black zip ties. I've had them on mine for close to 3 years and they work great. You can get them in a pack with several in it at Walmart or an auto parts store for a couple bucks.

Put the zip ties around the boots and pull them down just tight enough to stay in place. Install your filters, then pull the ties down a little tighter. You don't need to get them real tight, just enough that you can tell they are down against the boots. Snip off the ends. If you orient them so the ends stick out on the back corner you can't even tell they are there after you snip them off.

Don't use lube, it just makes the boots slip off easier.

Once you get them on, you can remove and reinstall the filters without doing anything to the ties. The stock clamps deform the boots and that's what makes them difficult to get on and off. Plus the phillips screw strips out after you use it a few times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all that posted a response. Took the advise and purchased heavy duty tie raps and they work just fine and hardley noticeable.

Never thought that 5/16" band width clamps for the size for the 9 would be so hard to find.

Once again, thanks to all.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Thanks to all that posted a response. Took the advise and purchased heavy duty tie raps and they work just fine and hardley noticeable.

Never thought that 5/16" band width clamps for the size for the 9 would be so hard to find.

Once again, thanks to all.
Glad to hear. Honestly, they don't move up top anyway, once you get them on and get the 2 bolts tightened down. You should be good to go :bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts