M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody give me a walk through of how to install the filters directly onto the throttle bodies? I got the K&N RA-0770 filters because I was told you can plug the sensor into the bottom of the filters, isnt there only one sensor that plugs into the airbox? Which filter should I plug that into? The front filter or rear? Also, what do I do with the pair valve? Im trying to get ready for when my pipe comes so i can get the pipe on and the filters on then take it to get tuned, so any help is much appreciated.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
There are 5 sensors attatched to the air box...
:agree:

But none of them have to be attached to or go inside the filter. They just need mounted somewhere under there. You have the ISC mounted on top of the box on the left sde (3 hoses attached), the barometric pressure and intake air temp sensor on the left side of the box, another barometric pressure sensor on the right side, and the PAIR valve solenoid on the lower front of the box. The ISC picks up filtered air from the air box, but you can put a small filter on it.

And you need to do something with the crankcase vent that goes to the air box. You can put a filter on the end of it or make it a catch can system.

You can remove the PAIR valve tubing completely but you have to keep the PAIR valve solenoid itself plugged in. You can use pipe caps, like vacuum line caps, to cap off the PAIR valves. Or remove the PAIR valve plates on each head and make a solid gasket from aluminum flashing. Or remove the hose from the PAIR valve solenoid and plug it with a marble. Anything to stop air from going through them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts