M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I posted this on the general first. (had my head up my tailend) I am new to the chat world.

Has anyone out there done any mods to there air covers? I had an idea not sure if it would help or cause problems. I was thinking of drilling some holes or notching a small section of the bottom of the chrome cover. This would allow more and cooler air in. Was thinking maybe putting some slots in the front of the cover but didn't know if you would chance sucking up water if you got caught in the rain.

I would like to thank Lamonster and friends for the great sight and all the support! :bigthumbsup: I would also like to tank all the people with all the great ideas, mods, pics and tech info. My friends are all jealous of all the great info I get about my bike.

G

·
I kinda have thought.. , a less restrictive filters,,K&n? and a chrome air cleaner cover with a ram air vent in towards the front,,,kinda like a warrior.?Wonder if the ram air would help..?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
goto above links, you be the judge. ther'ye not just doing it for looks. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
got to do this one soon!!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I really like the look of the stock intakes, so I cut a slot in the front of my chrome cover and you can't even see it unless you know it's there. I'll post some pictures later. But, like bad109 posted, it doesn't do any good for performance unless you can get rid of that restrictive stock element. I'm currently in the process of looking for a K&N element that I can put in place of the stock one. For now though the only benefit I'm getting is cooler air into the intake as it is coming from outside instead of between the jugs. Once I get the K&N element in I'm also going to try plugging the stock air intake holes to see how that will do. I hope that will work ok until I can get a second mortgage or sell one of my kids so I can afford 2 Hypercharger units. LOL.

G

·
eire1965 said:
I really like the look of the stock intakes, so I cut a slot in the front of my chrome cover and you can't even see it unless you know it's there. I'll post some pictures later. But, like bad109 posted, it doesn't do any good for performance unless you can get rid of that restrictive stock element. I'm currently in the process of looking for a K&N element that I can put in place of the stock one. For now though the only benefit I'm getting is cooler air into the intake as it is coming from outside instead of between the jugs. Once I get the K&N element in I'm also going to try plugging the stock air intake holes to see how that will do. I hope that will work ok until I can get a second mortgage or sell one of my kids so I can afford 2 Hypercharger units. LOL.
Thats my thoughts also....cut slots in the front,,and change the filters...RAM AIR..... :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts