M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunny & mid-70's today and it worked out that I could take off on the bike with my 12yr son. Man what a fun time that was. Me & him haven't ridden together in a long time. We just did a nice little easy 100 mile ride. Went down south of my house to an old historic covered bridge then rode to another small town and had hot wings, cauliflower poppers and Cokes while we watched some NFL football.

I ask him if he liked going fast or leaning in the curves the most......he said without hesitation "The CURVES!"........Yep, he's my boy!!!! :bigthumbsup:

Funny little story on our way back he starts hitting my leg with his fist 3 or 4 times, so I figure something's wrong but since we both have helmets with visors and we were going about 60mph I couldn't hear what he was saying. Fortunately we're on an old country 2 lane road with no traffic and I slow down to 2nd gear and pop my visor and ask him what's wrong. He say's "Nothing.......punch buggy no hit backs!" :eek::eek::eek:...........The kid saw a VW Bettle going down the road and felt compelled to start hitting my leg first. :doorag:

Needless to say it was a great afternoon with my Son and the 9.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Real cool man. Can't wait till mine is old enough to jump on the back.. As it is now i have to sit him on the tank just to go up my driveway into the garage(he's only 3).

·
Registered
917 Posts
Great pics, he looks like he likes the nine, enjoy it while it lasts, my oldest is 17 and an inch and a half taller that me so no more rides (looks a little weird). Can't wait for the 6 & 7 year olds to get a little bigger.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Great pics! Looked like an awesome time. It's been a while since my boy has been on the back of mine as well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My son is 15 and 5 inches taller than the old man. He loves the back seat and I love having another thing to share with him. Enjoy watching him become the man you set him up to be.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Sweet sounds like fun .. Cant wait for my son to turn 10 next year so i can take him riding ... he wants to so bad :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Lock it up!

Lock up the keys and right down the mileage. He WILL take that for a ride.

Oh yea, nice lookin bike.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts

Question ,,,Is He Givin you or the Cop, the finger ?
looks like he Gonna Catch the Fever just fine :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
nice pictures. My son is 19 and wants to learn to ride my bike, but I feel that it is not a starter bike. There are no covered bridges in northern ontario.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Several of you guys mentioned "enjoy it now" and "it doesn't last forever". I know that's very true which is why I enjoyed it so much today. Hopefully we'll have many more. Kids grow up fast, he'll be 13 next summer then before I know it he'll be out of HS and away in college.

Enjoy your kids while their young before they grow up. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Maybe you'll get lucky when he's older and he'll get his own bike and you can ride together. My oldest is 19 and has no interest in bikes. I still have a chance w/ my 11y/o.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Maybe you'll get lucky when he's older and he'll get his own bike and you can ride together. My oldest is 19 and has no interest in bikes. I still have a chance w/ my 11y/o.
Loved reading about your day! My 12yr old daughter also enjoys riding with me! Great times for sure!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts