M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys whats the go here in australia we have O2 sensors on the exhaust apparently which stops us using pipes made for the american m109r which apparently doesnt have an O2 sensor. can i buy pipes fromt he states and use them on my bike or not?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
you will either have to get aftermarket pipes for your model with o2 bungs installed or install o2 sensor cheater like an inline plug in that takes the place of the o2 sensor and tells the ecu all is ok. some of the hot rod guys here in the states use them and they will pass on emissions tests. I don't know who if anybody is making them for the 109 but it would be plug and play like the JSD-3M.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if i get a bung put on the zorsts then i can just put existing o2 sensor in the new zorst

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
yes Dan, one per headpipe. I would think the after market would have a pipe designated for uk/aust/euro 109's with the bungs built in but who knows.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as far as i know and from everything ive heard no pipes for the aust model yet. might just try get someone to make me a o2 cheeter thingy

G

·
Im in oz, and facing same dilemma. have ordered cob slashdowns from states, and will get em this wed. will do one of two things; either fit bungs for sniffers, or do the FI mod described on this site where the lead for the warning light is disconnected. Guys here do it to stop the light hassling them after they drill pipes or put aftermarket pipes on and dont install a ecu addon such as the FI200r or similar to correct the fuel mixture. I have got the fi200r, and will put on cobs, so I might just disable light and take the easy option. Techs tell me they do it in oz on heaps of other models, so why not the 109.
Oh yeah, also found these o2 simulators and have ordered two to try out.

http://www.xtremerevolution.com/Sto...8&CategoryID=10&SectionID=85&ManufacturerID=0

They are made by Cobra, so might be a generic fit. Part Numbers are Cob 92-1100 and Cob 92-1101

They pop up in the 109 section, but if you drill down they are for kwakkas and hondas.
I'm guessing the signal is a simple loop saying " A-OK" to the bikes ecu. Might use them and see results.
Say, that makes 3 options doesnt it? Hate being a pioneer with such expensive macinery, but I dont think anyone has done it yet..
I'll let you know the results in a week or so.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey hot can i ask how much the pipes cost u?

G

·
hey dan85,
the cobs cost me 519 US.
With the currency exchange, they become AU689.
Add air freight, and they land on my doorstop for an even thou.
About 300~500 cheaper than buying off local bike shops, depending on who you speak too. The importers and dealers then add margin and fat for themselves.
Anything for 109s is hot and in demand, so there is NO discounting. Its rape and pillage time for dealers unless you plan your own purchases.
The OZ cob importer I spoke to said I was up for about $600 for the Cobra FI200r, and $1500 for the pipes. $2100. Screw that!
I got my pipes ex USA for a grand, and my fi200r for $270. $1270 vs $2100. And thats OZ dollars landed here in Perth. Guess what i did..... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh sounds sweet got pic of the pipes mate? other thing tell me when u sort it out and get em fitted. im sirious about getting around the 02 sensor

G

·
use search button on top of page and search for "bubba" or "cobra slashdowns" or similar. you will find some good pics of the slashdowns. bubba is a texan with a sweet 109 fitted with slashdowns and he has posted some very nics pics of it. there was some debate on how long the cobs are becauase there website uses a computoer generated image and not the real deal.
they finish at the azz end of the rear tyre, BUT can be shortened. I 'm gunna do it.
Use FI mod to get around 02 sensors. Use search agian for instructions.
I havent sussed out how to post pics, but I will try when rhe pipes are fited.

G

·
hotwasabi said:
use search button on top of page and search for "bubba" or "cobra slashdowns" or similar. you will find some good pics of the slashdowns. bubba is a texan with a sweet 109 fitted with slashdowns and he has posted some very nics pics of it. there was some debate on how long the cobs are becauase there website uses a computoer generated image and not the real deal.
they finish at the azz end of the rear tyre, BUT can be shortened. I 'm gunna do it.
Use FI mod to get around 02 sensors. Use search agian for instructions.
I havent sussed out how to post pics, but I will try when rhe pipes are fited.
check this post out.
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=5669.0

1 - 11 of 11 Posts