M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the OEM fuel pump with this one?
Pros/Cons?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,706 Posts
Has anyone replaced the OEM fuel pump with this one?
Pros/Cons?
Thanks in advance.
Looks like direct fit,
others I have seen here needed slight modifications,
try "Search Comunity" window above every page here..

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Let's see, it should be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK guys, I already installed this pump and it works.
Pros: Cheaper than the OEM pump
Comes with filters ( 3 of them)
Cons: It is a little bit louder than the OEM
The filter that comes with it that is the same size as the OEM has the connector 90 degrees off, so installs at a different angle than the OEM filter. Because of this, the rubber boot won't fit.

I don't know yet if the angle of this filter will affect how long can't you go with low gas compare to the OEM filter. Time will tell
I could have ordered the OEM filter but, the cost of that would be around $65 - $70 so I decided to give the filter that comes with the pump a try and see what happens.

Attachments

Reactions: thevili

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,901 Posts
OK guys, I already installed this pump and it works.
Pros: Cheaper than the OEM pump
Comes with filters ( 3 of them)
Cons: It is a little bit louder than the OEM
The filter that comes with it that is the same size as the OEM has the connector 90 degrees off, so installs at a different angle than the OEM filter. Because of this, the rubber boot won't fit.

I don't know yet if the angle of this filter will affect how long can't you go with low gas compare to the OEM filter. Time will tell
I could have ordered the OEM filter but, the cost of that would be around $65 - $70 so I decided to give the filter that comes with the pump a try and see what happens.
If you look on eBay, you'll find Chinese fuel filters for the M109. You get 3 for about $8, and they are a perfect match. Quality seems to be very good, too. They fit in the rubber boot fine, which is important, because without the boot, you could stall going down long hills with a less than full tank.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you look on eBay, you'll find Chinese fuel filters for the M109. You get 3 for about $8, and they are a perfect match. Quality seems to be very good, too. They fit in the rubber boot fine, which is important, because without the boot, you could stall going down long hills with a less than full tank.
Thanks. I'll order them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts