M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you guys removed the side reflectors up front, did the majority just leave the threads open or throw something in the reflectors place?

Just curious.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Left them open

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Decibles said:
When you guys removed the side reflectors up front, did the majority just leave the threads open or throw something in the reflectors place?

Just curious.
I went to a local Ace Hardware Store and bought some short stainless metric Allen head screws and placed them in the holes. Looks much better than a open hole IMHO!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bruno said:
Installed chrome plated spikes. Posted the e-bay thread earlier this week. screw right in.
Hey Bruno, I looked at your last 25 posts and couldn't find where you had listed the ebay link for the spikes. Do you think you could post it again. I'd be interested in those. I also looked at ebay but wasn't sure of which ones. Anyone know the thread size? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Stretch said:
I have been thinking about putting road lights on those reflector studs. Anyone contemplated this modification?
Gee! That sounds like a good idea. I don't recall anyone mentioning in any previous posts! You may have a home run with this one :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not sure I understand this one. In an attempt not to be ignorant, I may sound like I am. Those reflectors help (in Theory) cars see us at night. Why would we remove them? If I could figure out how to mount a roaming spotlight on it with a big "eat at Joe's" sign and a 6000db horn, I would be all over it. Is it just a look thing? A, it doesn't matter they won't see anyhow thing?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
If you remove the reflectors, make sure you replace them with new chrome curb feelers... :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts