M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body make a after market rear shock for the 109? The stocker really sucks. Even a set of progressive springs(front and rear) would be great. Something with adjustable dampening,would be a great up grade.

G

·
I am assuming that you know about the adjustable air ride that is available from our host at Direct Line parts. That is all I know of so far. I would think that Progressive or the others will have one shortly. As with other parts the aftermarket is still catching up.

Could it be just an adjustment on your stock shock though. I have not heard too many people complainng about the stock shock. Just an idea. I am a fairly large guy and have found it pretty good. I do not ride two up though.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I certainly didn't like the way the bike was on the stock setting of 4. With Prowler's help I knocked mine down to 2 right before I parked it last month. I only got about 20 miles on it after the adjustment, but I could really tell the difference on bumps. Soaked them up before they got to my butt and back a LOT better.

After having said that, I'm still wanting one of Big Joe's air ride setups 8) Just waiting until I have all the right tools in my shop to do the mod.. May just wait until after my move to Phoenix and get him and/or Taz to assist me on that one as I still think its easier with 2 sets of hands than 1.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Yea, I know what you mean Ron ................ the rear of the bike will realign your spine on sharp bumps , but wallows like an old Caddy when you are at speed in the twistys.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah,JR and Bonehead,I think a re valving,and better spring would do it. The stocker really sucks on rebound. Maybe White Bros. too. I'll have to check it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts