M109 Rider Forums banner

What drives you the most to purchase an after market exhaust system?

• Performance and price

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Looks only

• Who cares as long as it's loud enough to scare old ladies

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the reason you want an after market exhaust system.  I personally will always lean towards performance and price.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
   So far I'm only 1 of 3 who shoots for price as well as performance.   Looks don't mean a lot to me.  You should see my yard.  :eek:

·
Registered
898 Posts
actually none of your choices work for me... my concern is look and sound... if there are two pipes i really like that are similar in looks and sound and could'nt choose then it would go to performance/price.  Most bikes have to flow and all the rest is BS if it does'nt look right.  So what if its a 1/10 of a second faster in the quarter if it looks like a $2 hooker  :eek:  I have no desire to ride the fastest one if its butt ugly, and to me some of the pipes that some people will use here are just that butt ugly... but hey its their bike  :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Khrome...  First I'd like to ask whats wrong with a 2 dollar hooker?  And second,  your right about sound.  I did forget to offer that as a choice.  Duh...    ::)  Maybe it's too late now but I just added that choice.  Oh..    Just kidding about the 2 dollar hooker question.  :joke:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I buy pipes based on, in this order: Sound, Looks, Performance, Price
Which all 4 run a close race... This is the reason why I have not purchased pipes just yet. We are limited on what's in the market right now.
After reading about V&H, I was a bit disappointed in those guys. I thought for sure they would come out with some pipes for our beast!
So far we have:
Cobra (always first in line)
HK's (Any day now!!!)
Who else???

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe we should contact Billy Lane or Jesse James and see if they would build some super cool tooters for the 109. LOL.. ::)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
So what does anyone think about the HK 2 in to 1's

·
Registered
244 Posts
I received a new J C Whitney Motorcycle Magazine today and they are listing 2 different aftermarket pipes for the M109R. 1 is a 2 1/12" and the other is a 3". The look to me is about the same as the Cobra's. Anyway, I like my stocks, looks and tone. :bigthumbsup: :super:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
red1951man said:
JC Whitney? Wow! Who da thunk.  :super: I wonder who builds for them.
I would say those are the Roadburner (by HK ) the they make both a 2 1/2 and a 3 inch set of pipes, I don't think they are released yet though. I am planning on getting their 3" stepped version next spring ( if they are out by then) ::)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wonder at what price JC Whitney sells them.  Being as I was one of the cheapies who voted for performance and price. :redfaced:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Don't fall over when you see the price in jc whitiney , the stuff I've looked a lately in there I could get cheaper elsewhere ( some stuff was priced at MSRP ::) ) .................. So much for their reputation of being the cheapest place to get stuff like they were 20 yrs ago.

·
Registered
244 Posts
J C Whitney calls their pipes "Road Burner" DG Performance Licensed Technology. #" Stepped Street Pro Exhaust are $589.00 for the 3" and $489.00 for the 2 1/2". I called them and they said they are available now. They also have tips for these pipes also. The tips are $39 to $69. These pipes are listed on page 3 of their motorcycle parts catalogue. Look like Cobra's to me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts