M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, newbe here in England (****) Not an owner as yet but ready to buy when I know some more details, been watching the site for a few weeks now, and notice that (as usual) we are far behind the rest of the world on our little island!! My questions are...
5 speed or 6 six..when did this change and is the 6 speed better?
Power, I have heard that the 109's we get over here have a lot less power than the ones you guys get in the states? One road test over here gave the bikes top speed as 106mph, surely this cant be right?
109's/1800 intruders as they are over here, are as rare as hens teeth, and mods are second rate and hard to obtain. What worries me is after getting the bike that I cant mod it to my own taste. (black black and possibly a bit more black!) I would even concider shipping one over is the price was right and if anyone one has any info on shipping costs etc it would be appreciated? Only ever seen one on the road over here (stock) cant live with it like that, got to have a least a few goodies, especially exhaust (the black Cobra 2-1 looks great) and nessasary fuel mods required. Sorry for so many questions but it a lot of dosh (money) to lay out if it aint gonna be how I want it. Thanks and greetings from a cold wet Kent (near London) ride safe guys, Regards ****

·
Registered
423 Posts
As far as I know they are all 5 speed trannys, although I wouldnt mind having a 6 speed if I had the choice. We never got the 2010 model here in the states, but 2011 will be available. Many people here have hit 140+mph, so ya, that top speed is bogus. Good luck on your hunt, its a great bike.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I do like where your brain is at...with liking the black...wanting more black...
Are you considering buying a used 9 to ship over there? Do you not have the ability to order brand new from a Suzuki Dealer there?

Dave

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Power, I have heard that the 109's we get over here have a lot less power than the ones you guys get in the states? One road test over here gave the bikes top speed as 106mph
It's not that the bike has less power, the test rider might just didn't have the balls to let it rip, lol. The bike is capable of doing way over than 130+ mph.

In all seriousness, there are plenty of parts to have. Some of the best insane looking 9's on this board are from overseas...

Go get your bike and worry about the mods later...Enjoy the RIDE!!!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
The bike is a screamer stock

I have only K&N Filters in my 09 LE and have had her up to 147 MPH before I backed off :eek:.

·
Registered
121 Posts
HI Desertrat ,:welcome: I`m from this side of the pond also up here in the pissy cold north east (Newcastle) all 109`s are five speed there are no six speed ones made!!, as for the power out put or limited top end they are all the same NO restrictions, I think you have been looking on e-bay where a geezer was trying to sell his bike and quoted that all the other 109`s on this side are restricted power!, as in some imports, well i can assure you they are all the SAME. no difference, and there are plenty of blackuns!!,
there is a big following of them on this side!, Granted we get our asses warmed here in this chiseling country,so the prices are a bit more for a bike here , but the aftermarket parts are a piss take as we have to pay the import duty.hope this helps you a bit, PS,. DONT! take no crap about how rare they are! and power difference , happy hunting and have a look on e-bay, granted at the moment there are only three for sale at the moment but usually there are about 8 at a time.:hot::hot::hot:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
:welcome: to the forum and good luck on finding a bike. The good thing is, if you want it to be black you can get most items ceramic or powder coated over there.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. I am sure that you can get a 9 over there. And as far as the mods, they can be shipped in from any where. But as stated below, you have to "pay the import duty taxes". And from what I hear they can be STEEP, depending on what country you live in. Good luck with your search.

HI Desertrat ,:welcome: I`m from this side of the pond also up here in the pissy cold north east (Newcastle) all 109`s are five speed there are no six speed ones made!!, as for the power out put or limited top end they are all the same NO restrictions, I think you have been looking on e-bay where a geezer was trying to sell his bike and quoted that all the other 109`s on this side are restricted power!, as in some imports, well i can assure you they are all the SAME. no difference, and there are plenty of blackuns!!,
there is a big following of them on this side!, Granted we get our asses warmed here in this chiseling country,so the prices are a bit more for a bike here , but the aftermarket parts are a piss take as we have to pay the import duty.hope this helps you a bit, PS,. DONT! take no crap about how rare they are! and power difference , happy hunting and have a look on e-bay, granted at the moment there are only three for sale at the moment but usually there are about 8 at a time.:hot::hot::hot:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
desertrat

Hi Again

Thanks for all the advise, I hope this ends up on the right forum page, if not someone feel free to move it. In reply to your advice.....
There is a shop in England (cant find it right now) advertising new 6 speed models, but I will double check that one. The one on ebay is a bit pretty for me, although she looks like a fortune has been spent on paint and it would be a shame to wreck it. No idea how much import duty from Can/Aus would be but will check that one out too. Axman as you are the nearest owner to me can you send some pics down the line of yours? I thought a 109 would be good for 130mph but 145, Jesus.. holding on to them bars must be fun. I am not in any rush as winter is about to hit and may pick myself up a bargain. Also picking one up with some mods already done would be useful, and save some cash too, Paint is no problem as my mate is a sprayer over in Germany, and thats a good excuse for a few cold ones while Im there! Keep the info coming lads its all being absorbed...slowly! ****

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Desertrat, Greetings from over on the other side of the pond! :welcome: to the site, you will find the people very helpful & informative. Once you get the 9 you will wonder why you waited so long. As far as spped, 130 mph +
Good luck with the hunt for the Beast:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
essex

Hi DR im here in sunny Essex,there are a few 109s here(1800r) iv had my white and blue LE for three months,its an 09 on a 10 plate it had 400 miles on her when i bought her,iv added some 2" rivco risers,and a custom speedo and tacho face plate made by Joe from this site,im just about to take off the wheels and have them chrome and blue powdercoated,then ducks cover air mod next summer and il be happy.They dont do a six speed box mate so that must be a misprint.I love this bike get one asap and laugh everytime you ride it and oh yeah be prepared to have to fight your way back to your ride when its parked cause there will be a crowd around it....:welcome:

·
Registered
885 Posts
109's/1800 intruders as they are over here, are as rare as hens teeth,
I've seen a lot of things in 45 years of life, a "hen's tooth" must be really rare!:D

The M109R will only do 103 mph ....... IN THIRD GEAR!!!:bigthumbsup: The best advice I can give you if you buy a 9r is HOLD THE F*CK ON!! All your questions/insecurities will be gone the moment you bare down on the throttle:eek:!!

Good luck.

Ride on...

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've seen a lot of things in 45 years of life, a "hen's tooth" must be really rare!:D

The M109R will only do 103 mph ....... IN THIRD GEAR!!!:bigthumbsup: The best advice I can give you if you buy a 9r is HOLD THE F*CK ON!! All your questions/insecurities will be gone the moment you bare down on the throttle:eek:!!

Good luck.

Ride on...
I hear that. Top speed on mine is 140 on the speedo, not sure what that is on the gps, at least 125-130 true speed, I was kinda busy with the phone cam, it has the gps aps on it. Not the smartest thing to do but I'm comfortable on my bike at this speed. It wasn't up to 140 that day but I didn't try for it, I just twisted the throttle, locked it and preped the phone. I know its reckless so don't tell, I know, but I do get the need for speed.

I weigh 250 and have a fullsize fairing on the bike. Your speed and mileage will vary.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brits 109

Hi,ive had my 109 for 3years now,alot of my mates have them aswell,we live in blighty Newcastle upon Tyne..dont know who you been talking to about the 9,but i can asure you there not under power,and there not as rare as you think...all i can say is buy the best bike around and you wont be disapointed,you need to know anything get in touch..regards Geordie Geoff...p.s.theres a silver one forsale now on E Bay....(English) Be prepared for one mean bike..also they are called Suzuki 1800 VZR over here..why i dont know...I prefer 109 myself,hope this helps and buys you the best bike on the planet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi,ive had my 109 for 3years now,alot of my mates have them aswell,we live in blighty Newcastle upon Tyne..dont know who you been talking to about the 9,but i can asure you there not under power,and there not as rare as you think...all i can say is buy the best bike around and you wont be disapointed,you need to know anything get in touch..regards Geordie Geoff...p.s.theres a silver one forsale now on E Bay....(English) Be prepared for one mean bike..also they are called Suzuki 1800 VZR over here..why i dont know...I prefer 109 myself,hope this helps and buys you the best bike on the planet.
Thanks again guys...great advise....I WANT NOW!!!!!!!:2excited:
Just when winter is about to arrive bloody typical! I cant find the silver 109 on Flea bay...do you have the number Ned? Do Cobra have outlets in England? I can see how you can get carried away with the mods,...whilst looking for the bike on EB found a lovely tail tidy, which would get rid of the stock plastic thing. What about these rear lights with the indicators built in, really tidys up the back end, about the £50 mark from Germany?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts