M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think alot of the problems on the JSD3M is in the ground.The gold colored screw jeff is talking about is installed after painting the frame.Run a tap into the threads to clean out the paint and scrape the paint off the frame around the contact area of ground wire.Use dielectric grease on threads and bare metal to control corrosion and gurantee a good contact.Should work flawlessly.Dielectric grease is at the auto parts store,under 5$.

·
Registered
568 Posts
100% right :bigthumbsup:, nothing but paint all around and in the threads. That should of been in the instructions.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I first grounded it to this screw. After a few isues I went to the screw on the back of the engine directly forward of the connectors.

While the "odd" issues have gone away (random idle climbing to 3/4K) I still have the high idle in N with the clutch out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just installed the JSD 3M and it doesn't have a ground???? Am I missing something or is mine a different one. Just plug and play. Works great!!! Really improves low end rpm rideability!!!!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
you have the "new" JSD 3M and it does not have the ground and your idle will not change. I have the old style but I love it. it only idles up 200 rpm over stock and only when clutch is out in neutral which is rare. it really helps throttle response. I do run premium fuel always and the colder CR10EK plugs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
joec said:
I think alot of the problems on the JSD3M is in the ground.The gold colored screw jeff is talking about is installed after painting the frame.Run a tap into the threads to clean out the paint and scrape the paint off the frame around the contact area of ground wire.Use dielectric grease on threads and bare metal to control corrosion and gurantee a good contact.Should work flawlessly.Dielectric grease is at the auto parts store,under 5$.
Just a quick note: I installed the JSD-3M yesterday (no ground) and it works like a charm. The 1st gear bog is gone and it doesn't idle high in neutral. Thanks Jeff ! :bigthumbsup:

I'm guessing I should put a steering dampener on the bike before checking the 5th gear rev limiter... :eek:

·
Registered
116 Posts
i like my 109 said:
I bought the "new" -3m and, on occasion, my idle will go up to around 1,200 (bike in neutral, clutch lever out). It seems to do this when the bike has been run hard and I stop and start at traffic lights. It's really more of just a periodic nuisance than anything else. I love the low end change I get with it and the throttle is much more smooth operating. All-in-all I have to say it was one of the best mods available to us.
+1 I have noticed the same thing but i think it's with the clutch lever in? If I put it in neutral and let the clutch out, the idle drops down again.

·
Registered
728 Posts
i like my 109 said:
I bought the "new" -3m and, on occasion, my idle will go up to around 1,200 (bike in neutral, clutch lever out). It seems to do this when the bike has been run hard and I stop and start at traffic lights. It's really more of just a periodic nuisance than anything else. I love the low end change I get with it and the throttle is much more smooth operating. All-in-all I have to say it was one of the best mods available to us.
Mine does this stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also recently installed the new JSD-3M and love the mod. I do experience the higher idle at around 1100 rpms with the clutch out but with the clutch in, it drops to 900 rpms. Nonetheless, I am still enjoying the mod and the changes in the 109.

·
Registered
98 Posts
M109 Warrior said:
I also recently installed the new JSD-3M and love the mod. I do experience the higher idle at around 1100 rpms with the clutch out but with the clutch in, it drops to 900 rpms. Nonetheless, I am still enjoying the mod and the changes in the 109.
I also have the JSD-3M installed - but no change with idle in neutral or in gear with clutch engaged, etc. - the performance of the bike definitely improved with the JSD mod.

I have the same mod on my '05 Busa - it's called a TRE (timing retard eliminator) assembly.

·
Registered
514 Posts
M109 Warrior said:
you have the JSD with out a ground wire????????

·
Registered
296 Posts
Good advice , joec.......thanks. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have the new JSD-3M (no ground wire) and it works perfect. No changes in idle at all! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
516 Posts
I also have installed the JSD-3M and I do notice a SIGNIFICANT increase in fluctuation. It races like crazy everytime I crank her up.

My HEARTBEAT that is :bigthumbsup: ....Thanks Jeff.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
JSD 3-m no ground here too. LOVE IT!!! Thanks Jeff. No fluctuations or problems. Just improved low-end rideability and high speed!!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
ok....seems like I bought it a moment too soon. It's been awhile since I bought mine, but never got around to installing it. Since a new version is out, what is the deal with the version that I have? The one with the ground wire.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts