M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need advice on risers

Ok guys just getting my 9 and havn't decided which one to go with 2" risers or 3". Im 5'11" let me know what you think and who is sporting what.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Best way to know is to check your local board for an upcomming ride, or attend the midAtlantic meet. You can see what everyone else has and have an opportunity to site on their 9's to see what feals right to you. I'm 6' 3" and found the 2" felt the best for me.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I put the 2" Hole design from kewl metal. Love them ! The ride is so much comfortable not stretched out or leaning forward now, and back doesnt get sore on long rides. I am 5'7" tall. I told Kewl metal that the holes were holes on one of them was not perfect and they sent me a milled end design to use for car show till the next batch hole designed ones got done. Very good company for helping out and making things right. I will try to find pictures and send to show the defferance.
Good luck
Dam Guy

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm 6' 1" and have the RIVCO 2" risers. The pull-back seemed about right with the stock bars, even though I have a long torso and shorter arms. Now that I have the broomstick bars, I think that a 3" might be a little better, but I'm still comfortable unless it's a very long (5 hours +) ride.

I agree with JoDon, though--best bet is to find a fellow 9'r who has some and check them out in person.

·
Registered
462 Posts
kewl metals are nice ...but I believe rivco's look better my 2cents ...also i have the 2inches, rivco does go uop as high but pulls back the same ...there are a few pics ...I'm 6ft ..mainly helps relax the elbow..

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm 5'-10" and just put the kewlmetal 2" hole risers on. I haven't gone for any long rides yet, but it feels ALOT more comfortable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Newbie Question

I use kewl metal risers 2" I am also 5'11" remember to get all new cables +3 so you wont rub your tank .
Is cable replacement a must for clearance and mobility or just to keep the cables up off the tank??

·
Registered
91 Posts
when one inch is enough!

I am 5'11" and enjoyed my bike stock for two years.No big need to change the bar length. I went on 800km ( 500 mile) trips with little fatigue. However, I was more and more going one handed to relax on a straight run. So I decided to change my grip position. I wanted to keep the slight forward lean position as recommended (5 degrees forward) for long term comfort. I bought the 1 inch extensions after lots of review. Wow , I was right on and thankfully did not fall into the "longer is better". Height to arm length is relative but not conclusive so leap to the length you think is right. My message for someone my height is more is not always better.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,951 Posts
5'9" on a good day and the 2" risers work well for me. 2" is by far the most common size used.

·
Registered
127 Posts
thanks!

Thanks to all who have weighed in on this one, I'm on an emergency order status, surprise trip to CA from WA for a graduation, and this one has been bothering me for weeks. Think I'm going with the Rivco 2".:doh:

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Nice 68 RT! Not to change subject, but I'm a mopar guy :bigthumbsup: I have a 66 Coronet 500 running a 496 stroker.

Oh yea-I'm 6 ft and havent felt the need for risers....yet:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts