M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching the forum on cleaning advice and purchased the Meguiars wash, spray detailing and the NXT wax. I am a big chicken and don't want to leave any scratches on the bike from my stupidity. So I have been putting it off but it is time to clean it.

My question is can I use these products on all parts of the bike, plastic painted parts, chrome plastic and metal, and the clear plastic on the speedo?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
...and if you leave bug guts on there longer than necessary, the chemicals in them can break down clear coat/paint over time.

I don't typically "wash" my bike though. I spray a section of it with windex...and wipe it down with microfiber rags. Once I have it "clean" that way, I use a carnuba spray wax on the painted surfaces.

Heard a lot of hype over the Turtlewax "ICE" polish. I wasn't impressed.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
What Ive been doing is I take a sponge with a bucket of water with some dishwashing liquid and wipe that sponge all over my black queen, then I take a water hose and gently without preassure pour it all over my mistres (my 109) being careful not to over wet some parts of the bike like the ignition and rediator, then I have a leaf blower that immediately after soaking my beauty (My 109)I use the leaf blower on, then I use what you have the Meguiars spray wax and it works great. After using the leaf blower and spraying Meguiars all over the bike including the chrome pieces I usually let it sit for about 30 min then with a dry soft cloth I go over the bike and it is SPARKLING CLEAN! LIKE A MILLION BUCKS! THEN MY 109 LOOKS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN A BLACK MINI SKIRT WITH BLING BLING! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
baldylatino said:
What Ive been doing is I take a sponge with a bucket of water with some dishwashing liquid and wipe that sponge all over my black queen, then I take a water hose and gently without preassure pour it all over my mistres (my 109) being careful not to over wet some parts of the bike like the ignition and rediator, then I have a leaf blower that immediately after soaking my beauty (My 109)I use the leaf blower on, then I use what you have the Meguiars spray wax and it works great. After using the leaf blower and spraying Meguiars all over the bike including the chrome pieces I usually let it sit for about 30 min then with a dry soft cloth I go over the bike and it is SPARKLING CLEAN! LIKE A MILLION BUCKS! THEN MY 109 LOOKS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN A BLACK MINI SKIRT WITH BLING BLING! :bigthumbsup:
Never never use dishwasing liquid! It is a degreaser that will eventually dull your paint.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
.....or use spray detailer on a dusty black bike. it will leave scratches.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
z281982 said:
Never never use dishwasing liquid! It is a degreaser that will eventually dull your paint.
No Kidding! Here I am giving advice on something I know nothing about! Then Wash it with what? just water?

·
Registered
297 Posts
baldylatino said:
No Kidding! Here I am giving advice on something I know nothing about! Then Wash it with what? just water?
Just use a regular automotive soap. I use a wash mitt and then rinse with water. I use microfiber towels to dry.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Also
ALLWAYS wet the bike before wiping anything!! those little dust/dirt particles will leave the tiny scratches and swirls.
Spray them down to loosen/soften and possible remove some before you start wiping.
I use a microfiber cloth for cleaning, drying, and waxing.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I've found (from a hot Rod Buddy) that to remove dried on bug guts,take hydrogen peroxide (.43) per bottle ,and put it in a spray bottle. Then just spray the dried bugs,and guts with it and leave it alone for around 5 minutes. They foam up(being protein) and just spray off or wipe with a microfiber cloth. It won't hurt the paint,or plastic,and doesn't effect the wax either. Works great! :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
dont know if it has been mentioned or not, but a fine microfiber towel is mandatory for maintaining your bike. people will wash their bike with the proper impliments, but when it comes to drying is where folks make the mistake of grabbing an old towel. a good microfiber is paramont in maintaining a scratchless bike IMO.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My brother told me about S100 cleaner. This cleaner is specifically for quick cleans and is really good. All you do is spray it on the bike, rinse it with water and then blow it off with a leaf blower. Takes all of 5 minutes. This is something I do once a week, or after a really dirty ride. I haven't had to do a "REAL" clean yet, because the blurple drives so fast, the real dirt doesn't have a chance to catch up to the speed of the bike. lol

:cop: :D

·
Registered
974 Posts
Pro honda cleaner is good for just touching up water spots or bugs etc small stuff i wouldnt wash the bike with it though.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Just have a buddy follow you to the carwash with a leaf blower ;) leave your bike running deposit money :D spray bike off with soap then water and spot free :bigthumbsup: then blow dry :D take bike for a spin and blow dry again touch up chrome with towel and light amount pledg :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Mr. Clean Auto Dry Wash System,works great! Just wet the bike down turn on the soap,wipe it down with a soft cloth,or sponge. Then rinse,and switch to spotless rinse,and yer done. Won't leave a water spot on the chrome,or paint. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I use the Mr. Clean too and like it. the only thing I don't like is the filters that say they should last 10 washes are only good for about 4 around here, too many minerals in the water I guess. I also don't buy the expensive Mr. Clean soap but instead use Blue Coral car wash I get at Walmart.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The next time you are at a bike show hang around the bike wash detailer and see how they do it. The one most important item is a water purifier/filter and then a dryer like a Metro Master Blaster to air dry the bike. Use products specifically made for clearcoats and wash soaps made for fine finishes. Waxes are hit and miss. Some just seem to work/last better than others. JOHN

·
Registered
386 Posts
I put a wet cloth or towel into the microwave for a minute 30 and then place it over the areas with bugs splatter. It loosens the bugs immediately and makes it easy to wipe off. I repeat when it gets cooled off.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts